"Homebrewing" mentioned on the colony.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching season 2 of the colony, (although I hate this annoying cast with survival skills of gnats) online. And on episode 7 our hobby gets a mention. One of the cast members, Michael, evidently hopmebrews and decides to make a batch of alcohol to power their escape boat motor.

You can watch it here http://greenshieldintl.com/the-colony-season-2-episode-7-tick-972010/

They're distilling, but still it is cool to hear homebrewing mentioned.

How many of us would have gotten something fermenting for our consumption immediately? I'd be trying to malt barley to make beer for calories from day one, let alone fermenting any fruitjuice so we'd have any liquid that we wouldn't have to always worry about water.

Or alcohol for molotov cocktails at least.

But this cast worries more about electing someone as president, and whining about graffiti on their boat, then survival. :rolleyes:

We've talked about in the zombie threads how important fermentation would be for our survival....if anything we can set ourselves up as "kings of the sacred barleywater" and trade beer for nubile slave women to help re-populate the planet. ;)

But this cast won't be kings....they will be food. (except for the supermodel.)

Fermentation would be one of my priorities if I was ever faced with the end of civilization as we know it. Not so much for me to get drunk, but because it would be a guaranteed way to save myself from having to use bullets on people to make friends. ;)

That's cool. I've only caught a couple of episodes this year, so I'm going to have to go back and catch up.

That's cool. I've only caught a couple of episodes this year, so I'm going to have to go back and catch up.

For some reason, the discovery channel has been negligent in putting the last 4 episodes up onlne to watch. So today I googled and found some host bootleg sites to play catchup.

Thanks for posting the link. I had been watching it on Comcast on demand and they likewise posted all the episodes till 6 and then quit. Glad to see the ones i missed and i think the finale is on tomorrow night.

Thanks for posting the link. I had been watching it on Comcast on demand and they likewise posted all the episodes till 6 and then quit. Glad to see the ones i missed and i think the finale is on tomorrow night.

All the episodes including number 9 are available online in one place or another. I found each of them by typing it "The Colony Season 2 Episode #watch online"

And they were all there.

Latest posts

Back