• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Steam Injection Mash System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southpawbrew

Reaction score
I have a the full set up just like FlyGuy's system. See this thread for full description.

It is a large pressure cooker not sure of exact size but I never ran out of steam. It has silicon tubing, cooper manifold, brass ball valve to control the steam. I also upgraded the safety valve on the pressure cooker to a spring loaded adjustable relief valve from McMaster. It allows the steam pressure to be relieved with so you know you will always have steam without over pressuring.

I have loved using this system to maintain temps and step mashes. It really helped me when I transitioned to All-Grain. I am planning a RIMS build which will replace this and trying to raise the funds.

$60 plus shipping (figure around $20). PM or e-mail at craigslistcencoast at gmail dot com

i_20100507215356.jpg

i_20100507215454.jpg

how were you heating the pressure cooker? hotplate? or element plumbed into it?

Back