New to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roryspa

Reaction score
Hi, we are just about to install a kegerator below a bar that we made. I've been doing some reading and i keep hearing that the lines need to have cold air and that the closer the fridge is to bar the better. Our bar is 44" high and the fridge is like 36"high...there will be less than 1' between the fridge and the tower atop the bar. Will this length make that much of a difference? One way around this problem is to cut pvc piping and cut larger hole on top of fridge and run it to the bottom of the bar. will this make it hard to clean lines? I just need some direction on this and was wondering if anyone had some ideas for me.
Cheers,
~joe

Drill a hole in the top of the fridge the same size as the one in the tower. Put a piece of 3 or 4" PVC in there to couple the fridge to the tower. That should make the inside of the fridge and tower in the same climate. You may need a small fan to equalize the temp though.

or build a riser that places the top of the fridge against the bottom of your counter top. You wont have any gunk buildup on top of the fridge... but you'll lose that key location for your stout spoon :)

id do a fan setup like bobby suggested

Back