Cheap Apple Juice at Walmart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CereousBrewer

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it is a regional promotion or at all Walmart stores, but here in greater Minnesota a gallon of 100% apple juice is on sale for $2.28. Just picked up another ten gallons for more Apfelwein.

Yes, they are one gallon jugs, 100% from concentrate, and their brand. They still have the 3 qt. jugs in the normal location, but the gallon jugs are on the end of the isle where they place the items on sale. I'm not sure how long they may last, as I've seen the "pile" get progressively smaller over the last several weeks.

I've used their brand for Apfelwein before and it works just as well as any other brand I've used. And that's 45 gallons of Apfelwien...my friends can't get enough!

I used Indian Summer apple cider and to date that is the best flavored apfelwein I have made. I caught it on sale for 2.99 a gallon and brought home 10 gallons. It must be a seasonal thing because I can't find it anywhere now.

Just picked up 5 gal of juice at Food Lion for 15.00 and saw it today at Wal-Mart in N.C. for 2.28 per gal..Hate when that happen..could of bought an extra gal of diesel...

They have the same deal here in Kentucky .The package says you get a quart free .I guess thats the promo is a gallon for the price of 3 quarts .I picked up 10 looks like I am making Apfelwein .

$11.40 for 5 gallons of juice
.39 for yeast
$2.00 for corn sugar
$13.79 for 5 gallons of Apfelwein That price will be hard to beat

For reference, I found it here in NY as well. I just don't have a Carboy to dedicate to a batch yet.

great value apple tastes good when i made cider with it but dont know how it would be for Apfelwein.

What does the arsenic in WalMart apple juice offer in the beer? Better taste?

See the Consumer Reports study found WalMart apple juice (concentrate from Argentina and China) had more than 10ppb arsenic and as much as 5.12ppb of lead.

haha...I think the arsenic just 'embalms' the hangover.

I buy the kirkland brand from costco. I picked up 4 gals today for a batch of Graff tomorrow. It was $8.40 for 2 gallons. ($4.20/gal) More expensive yes, but it's 100% apples from the US with nothing added. (so says the label) I emailed costco and they said it's flash pasteurized with heat.

Latest posts

Back