Single tier frame?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the main cost for this item is the rollers, removing those and all that's left is basically a stamped steel/sheet metal frame (500lb capacity is a giveaway as to what it's made of, as are the adjustable legs and roller attachment points). It'd be cheaper and stronger if you made it with tube or angle. Sheet metal is strong as long as it keeps the shape it was designed/made with. Once you dent it... well you will have many gallons of hot stuff on there.

Back in my college days i had a roommate that bought something like this. Each shelf could hold 300+ lbs. Until we climbed it like a ladder, denting the sheet, then each shelf could hold 30lbs.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Edsal-Home-E-Quip-Gray-Steel-Canning-Shelving/17444292

Thanks for the info. I figured that it might not be durable enough, else I probably would have seen a similar setup on these forums...

Back