Funniest Seinfeld

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eljefe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
On our local Fox station they showed "The Package". This is the episode where Elaine is barred by the AMA, Jerry ships his stereo to himself and George tries to hit on the camera store woman.

Best parts of the show:
- Uncle Leo with his eyebrows painted on by Elaine
- George posing topless with Kramer taking pictures ("I feel fat" - George "no no you're stout, the camera loves stoutness" - Kramer & of course "You are a lover boy, you are a lover boy" - Kramer)
- The Newman mail fraud investigation
- Kramer posing as Dr. Van Nostrom from the Haufermanden Neo Clinic in Belgium. "It's Bennet, right" - Kramer, "It's Benes you jackass, my last name is Benes." - Elaine
- The guy from the camera store saying "hello" to george
- The photo of the guy from the camera as part of the Newman interogation

By far one of the best if not the best episode.

I'm a fan of "The Contest". I just die when Kramer walks in a slaps his money on the table.

Also, the one with "shrinkage", and the one with the Soup Nazi, and the one where Jerry wants to break up with his girlfriend and sleep with her roommate.

I'm a fan of "The Contest". I just die when Kramer walks in a slaps his money on the table.

Also, the one with "shrinkage", and the one with the Soup Nazi, and the one where Jerry wants to break up with his girlfriend and sleep with her roommate.

+1, I was just going to go with "The Contest". That was probably the deneoumont of the show.

Soup Nazi

Kenny Rodgers Fried Chicken one with Kramer in the hot tub

The episode where George makes a bed/alarmclock/nightstand under his desk at work

The Stop Short

I have been thinking a lot lately about the "Summer of George" episode because I resigned from my job at the end of June and am taking three months off before I start looking for my next gig. I have been calling it the Summer of Don.

George: It's not you, it's me.... You're giving me the 'It's not you, it's me' routine? I invented 'It's not you, it's me.' Nobody tells me it's them, not me. If it's anybody, it's me.

Gwen: all right, George, it's you.

George: You're damn right it's me.

I honestly never saw any humor in any Seinfeld I ever watched...stupid one liners, yes, humor, no.

Apparently, it was the "show about nothing" as Seinfeld said it was.

All I can say about that is good thing you are in IL and I am in NJ. :D

Way too many to list but I have a couple favorite lines.

(not exact quote)

...and you want to be my latex salesman!

(Jerry and Elaine) If we give you a drink will you let us smell you?

(Kramer) I'll let you smell me without the drink!

The Frogger. George's high score is on a Frogger machine at a pizzeria that hasn't been unplugged in decades, and the place is about to go under. So he buys the game and Kramer rounds up a couple of petty criminals with dubious electrician skills to try and help him transport it to his apartment without disconnecting the power.

Also from that episode is the lopper, a serial killer whose targets all are suspiciously similar to Jerry, so Jerry keeps escalating the seriousness of the relationship with his girlfriend (which he was intending to break off) to avoid being killed.

Kramerica is one of my favorites.

I'm actually wearing my "Kramerica Industries" shirt today ;)

And my dog is named Kramer because I wanted something that didn't immediately instill the thought of intelligence.

As far as my favorite episode goes, I'm not really sure that I can pick one. The backwards/wedding in India one is great, as well as the Soup Nazi. I love that there are so many lines from that series that people still use today.

"No soup for you!"
"I was in the pool!"
"Yada yada yada"

And why is that? I am from Jersey...Camden born and raised. Also lived in Woodlyn, Atlantic City, Browns Mills, Mt Holly, Ocean. College: Burlington CC and Trenton State...:D

I know, I saw that in other threads where you came from and lived. I was joking about you being far enough away we will probably never meet as I am sure we would not get along if you don't find Sienfeld the least bit funny. :D

I recently started recording the re-runs on TBS to get some laughs in. I love the one where Kramer and newman have their scheme to cash in on the Michigan deposits for their bottles and cans.

I have to admit, I was never that into the show. I didn't dislike it, but if there was something else on it was always my second choice. It got annoying after a few seasons. Too into itself.

I completely forgot The Frogger also had Elaine eating Peterman's 60-year-old wedding cake :facepalm:

Here's another one. "I'll not have you turn my office into a den of iniquity!"

The Sniffing Accountant. This is one of the funniest scenes ever, to me. I love walking up to a bar and saying to a random bartender, "I'll have a brewski, Charlie... half-wink and make "click" sound with mouth"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5OSDxwOEo]YouTube - Kramer and the sniffing accountant[/ame]

I always like the one where Kramer's phone number is one digit off from the movie listing number and keeps getting calls so he decides to begin to act like he is the machine but gets stumped and resorts to "Why don't you just TELL me the movie you would like to see"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZfUgVSfKdQ]YouTube - Seinfeld Rips Larry King[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM79_itR0Nc]YouTube - Kramer the movie expert [Seinfeld S7E08] Moviephone[/ame]

Ok, I'll stop after this one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T35QhLx_KI]YouTube - The Latex Salesman (Seinfeld)[/ame]

Sorry, came across this and it is funny as hell. Do you think Jerry was in on the joke? Didn't look like it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZzoJN3rdyw]YouTube - Celebrity Interview with Jerry Seinfeld[/ame]

Is anyone a marine biologist?

George: "the sea was angry that day my friends...."

The Marine Biologist was one that I was thinking as well. I also really like "The Cheever Letters." That's the one where they burn down Susan's father's cabin and ultimately discover that her father had been they gay lover of John Cheever. It's also the episode where Jerry gets dumped for "talking dirty" with Elaine's friend. "You mean the panties your mother laid out for you?"

I can't choose a favorite. I have every episode on DVR and all the DVD box sets. Probably seen each episode 20+ times but they never get old for the occasional laugh.

I've seen your type before... flashy... makin' the scene... flaunting convention...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2gZu3ygEQ&feature=related]YouTube - Seinfeld - Library Investigator Mr. Bookman (synced)[/ame]

+1 on "The Cheever Letters."

My single favorite line from the series was a tragically bored Elaine suggesting that "maybe the dingo ate your baby." Season one, I think...can't recall the episode.

EDIT: Correction...season 3, episode 10. "The Stranded"

[youtube]ghCTZF61ey0[/youtube]

I know, I saw that in other threads where you came from and lived. I was joking about you being far enough away we will probably never meet as I am sure we would not get along if you don't find Sienfeld the least bit funny. :D

HA!! I thought as much!!:D
Now for your surprise...I'll be in Rockaway/Dover next week and Seinfeld is still canceled... :mug:

I forgot Kramer's Screen Door in "Anytown USA". I fell on the floor laughing when we ran his hand across the wind chime and then later got in a fight with the neighborhood kids. It was the same episode that spawned the "serenity now" phrase.

My other favorite was the chinese restaurant Cartwright scene. The rest of the episode wasn't great, but George's realization that he was Cartwright was classic.
YouTube - Seinfeld - Cartwright

Back