Haus Pale w/ homegrow hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefmike

Reaction score
So I am back on my brewing horse, learning to brew and take care of the 9 month old (my wife works nights).

Great brew session, everything spot on in my aluminum pot on my electric stove using a 10 gal cooler with a ratcheting strap to hold open the spigot for vorlauf.

I used hops from my first year harvest to make a batch of Ed Worts which I am darkening a little with some 40L Crystal malt.

My wife was up around the time I was coming to a boil and we were talking... eyes off the stove and I boiled over.

I take the pot off the stove to cool... and that is going to be some work.

"Don't worry about it." She says, "I will clean it up."

Great beer and the best SWMBO ever... :rockin:

It was discussed... right after the question "Can we get a new stove?"

To which I said "Sure." and She says "Of course we will need to get a dish washer, microwave and refrigerator to match..."

I guess I won't be getting that kegging set up anytime soon!

Honestly, I think I am going to build a burner out of an old water heater.

Welcome back to brewing. Always good to hear of brewers in North Georgia. My son just turned one this month and when my wife was pregnant, she couldn't stand the smell of the boil. So, after a one year break, I'm back in the game. However, my son is way too mobile and curious now to be brewing in the house when he's there, so I moved my setup to my brother's apartment and have been brewing a couple times a month there. My SWMBO is very nice to give me a night off once a week to brew!

Brewing wives are good ones... as long as I keep her in the cider and the stout, she will tolerate about anything!

I need new thermometers... my digital is off on both probes. Iguess three almonst 4 years was too much. I am ordering separate probes for brewing and grilling now.

I think I'm going to do a similar batch with my homegrown Cascades. I didn't harvest much so I'm going to do a 2.5 gallon batch and use some Crystal 40L as well. I'm sure it will turn out tasty!

I am looking forward to this year, being the second year my hops are in. I believe I should get a harvest this year. The good Lord and georgia weather permitting, of course! I have cascades, magnum, and nugget in, with three cascades plants and two each of the others.

Back