Coors mini keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
Can these be reused? It seems as though I've read that some of the other brands of minis cannot be reused. I don't know if they all work the same or not.

I've seen empty mini kegs for sale at my lhbs but never asked about their use. If they can be reused, would you prime like normal and how long will they last?

I have over 20 mini-kegs. I prime my minis at 3 TBS most of the time. References I've read say 1.5 TBS of corn sugar.

I mostly use mine for Hefe Weizen so I want a higher carbonation level.:D I

If the keg is the gravity-type, where you turn a red know and pull out the tap from the bottom, then you can reuse those many times.:D

homebrewer_99 said:
I have over 20 mini-kegs. I prime my minis at 3 TBS most of the time. References I've read say 1.5 TBS of corn sugar.

I mostly use mine for Hefe Weizen so I want a higher carbonation level.:D I

If the keg is the gravity-type, where you turn a red know and pull out the tap from the bottom, then you can reuse those many times.:D

Three tablespoons? That's all?

Yup, the keg is gravity fed with the red knob. How hard are they to fill? Does a siphon hose fit in it and how much headspace do you leave?

Sorry for all of the questions. I'd just hate to waste money on one, not really enjoy the beer in it, just to find out it won't work well. :mug:

Not hard to fill at all, but does the keg have the pull out tap on the bottom? Then that's a built-in gravity tap. No additional tap is needed.

You can pull out the red knob from the rubber bung using pliers then pull the bung out. Sometimes the pliers sharp edges can rip the rubber, but you can buy new ones.

Place the CS in and fill it using a bottle filler to about 1 inch from the top. Push a (wet) sanitized bung in it to seal.

If the top bung has a center piece that needs to be pushed into the keg then you'll need a tap.

I'm assuming that these "bottle conditioned" mini-kegs are pretty-much good for one night, right?

This seems like a pretty good solution for a party. I'm the only beer drinker in my family, so I doubt I'll ever take the trouble and expense to set up a true kegging system. But 12 oz bottles are a little awkard for parties.

cweston said:
I'm assuming that these "bottle conditioned" mini-kegs are pretty-much good for one night, right?

This seems like a pretty good solution for a party. I'm the only beer drinker in my family, so I doubt I'll ever take the trouble and expense to set up a true kegging system. But 12 oz bottles are a little awkard for parties.

Same here. I doubt I could go through one alone before it went flat. However, I would like to serve up a healthy amount during my annual July 4th party. Kegging would be ideal but likely won't fit in the budget before then (going to Bonaire in March :rockin: )

So, does the first glass clear out the yeast?

fezzman said:
Same here. I doubt I could go through one alone before it went flat. However, I would like to serve up a healthy amount during my annual July 4th party. Kegging would be ideal but likely won't fit in the budget before then (going to Bonaire in March :rockin: )

So, does the first glass clear out the yeast?
WIMPS!!! Just kidding.

They are intended to be drunk and fnished upon opening them. However, I have used a hand pump/tap before and as long as the beer stays cold it stays fresher longer. I had a bock or something heavier on tap for a couple of weeks and it did not go flat.

Since they are small you tend to stir up the yeast a bit more if handled roughly. The real trick is to make sure you rack clear brew into them first to minimize the sediment.

Latest posts

Back