Inexpensive 20qt. brewpot at Amazon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theKman

Reaction score
I just ordered this today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017WPY1A/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Seems like a pretty decent pot for dirt cheap money. I added in the "Complete Joy" book to get free shipping on both. I've been watching this pot for a couple of weeks now, and the price has gone down every couple days, from ~$30 to $18.48 now. Seemed like the right time to jump in. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it's the perfect size for an extract + grain brewer like myself who does partial boils. Why would I need more than that? I don't exactly have the money or space for a 30 gallon Blichmann.

A 30 qt wouldn't have been much more if you shop around. Then you could do full boils down the line without needing to buy anything else. It's not like it would be too big or something.

I have a 5 gallon that I started on too, that came with my kit.

A 30 qt wouldn't have been much more if you shop around. Then you could do full boils down the line without needing to buy anything else. It's not like it would be too big or something.

I have a 5 gallon that I started on too, that came with my kit.

I've seen big pots for cheap money, but they all seem to be really thin and cheap. The description for this one says it has an encapsulated base, which should help with heat dist. and prevent scorching. The 24qt. version of this pot is more than twice as much at Amazon. Trust me, I've been looking, and no one has a decent pot for the less than $20 I spent. Someday I'll step it up, but for now it works for me, especially since I've made my first three batches in a 14qt. pot. Talk about spillover potential...:mad:

Like I said, I'm just trying to help other relative newcomers like myself find decent equipment for a good price.

For extract, you'll be fine, and for $20 I wouldn't stress about buying something for down the line. As I said, if/when you DO graduate to AG down the road, the 5-gallon is still plenty useful.

For extract, you'll be fine, and for $20 I wouldn't stress about buying something for down the line. As I said, if/when you DO graduate to AG down the road, the 5-gallon is still plenty useful.

I totally agree. I didn't mean anything rude by it. Just saying... it's small. :D

This sounds like a great deal, and the fact that it's cheap at Amazon doesn't mean it's poor quality.

It's a much better deal than I got for my pot at TJ Maxx. Then again, that's a discount clothing store, not a book store.

This sounds like a great deal, and the fact that it's cheap at Amazon doesn't mean it's poor quality.

It's a much better deal than I got for my pot at TJ Maxx. Then again, that's a discount clothing store, not a book store.

+1 Gotta luv it.

I bought a 20 quart to get started. I paid $35 and its uber cheap and thin. That looks like a great deal for a beginner starting with extract. I may buy one myself since it's free shipping.

Kman - That does look like a good deal as long as shipping does not kill you. The more you brew, the more you need more pots and you will most likely still be using that pot in 20 years. Not bad for $20.

I just ordered mine. I'm a stovetop all grain brewer. My stove can't really get as good of a boil going as I would like. With this pot I'll be able to split my batch for the boil with the 16 quart I have now. Plus it looks like a heckuva good deal on a quality pot.

By the way shipping is no problem. If you bump your total above twenty five dollars you get free super saver shipping. Saved me about fourteen dollars.

Well, not such a good deal anymore. 36 hours after I placed my order, the price has gone from $18 to $50. Apparently, timing is everything.

I still use my 20QT pot that I got with my first kit to pack water out to my HLT from my inside water filter :)

Latest posts

Back