Question on how much priming sugar to use in a wit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cauwels02

Reaction score
Hi guys, im making my first wit and im not following a recipe. Im steeping 1lb of flaked wheat, then using 3lbs of plain wheat DME and 3.3lbs of wheat LME, im using 1oz of german hallertau and .5oz of Mt. rainier. also using 1oz freshly ground corriander and 1oz of bitter orange peel. I have all my steps and times figured out but the one question i have and am trying to figure out is how much priming sugar to use. I really dont want to over-carbonate these or worry about exploding bottles. Any help would be a great help. Thanks:mug:

Hi guys, im making my first wit and im not following a recipe. Im steeping 1lb of flaked wheat, then using 3lbs of plain wheat DME and 3.3lbs of wheat LME, im using 1oz of german hallertau and .5oz of Mt. rainier. also using 1oz freshly ground corriander and 1oz of bitter orange peel. I have all my steps and times figured out but the one question i have and am trying to figure out is how much priming sugar to use. I really dont want to over-carbonate these or worry about exploding bottles. Any help would be a great help. Thanks:mug:

Priming Calculator

Back