RV Carbon Water Filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeyes

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I would get any benefit from using a RV Carbon Water Filter? The tap water I use taste fine (I think), but I'm still not sure about it. I am tempted to try spring water to see if I notice a difference. Or would the RV Carbon Water Filter be good enough?

I've always used spring bottled water because I am paranoid about off flavors from my tap water. It is a little more expensive but works fine for light beers....Beers with dark grain tend to taste watery and thin so I may look into changing my water for dark beers.

I've always used spring bottled water because I am paranoid about off flavors from my tap water. It is a little more expensive but works fine for light beers....Beers with dark grain tend to taste watery and thin so I may look into changing my water for dark beers.

I made an American Wheat beer and it taste decent. Although, it does taste watery to me. When you changed over to spring bottled water, did you notice a difference in appearance and taste?

I have always used watersalts in my boil and then topped off with filtered water and I havent had any troubles. But ive never tried spring water...

I'm wondering if I would get any benefit from using a RV Carbon Water Filter? The tap water I use taste fine (I think), but I'm still not sure about it. I am tempted to try spring water to see if I notice a difference. Or would the RV Carbon Water Filter be good enough?

i brew all of my beer with water filtered through an RV filter and have not had anything but great beer. i was buying water at the water store, 100 gallons at a time but it got old having to get it every brew day. all of the local breweries use filtered tap water so i figured it must be ok.

Back