Boy Scouts hit with Tornado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xamers

Reaction score
About 40 minutes North of Omaha here, a Boy Scout camp was hit by a tornado. Estimates are 30-40 injured and 4 dead.

Some prayers might help, if that's your thing.

Tornadoes all over the place tonight around here.

Nurmey just mentioned that in chat. I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. We're having very light thunderstorms, so it seems unbelieveable to me that something like this happened. I will keep the kids and their families in my prayers.

That is just unbelievable whats happening around the middle of the USA. I will be praying for everyone in those areas

Did Boy Scouting for over a decade, boy & man, as they say. Never got hit by anything worse than big hail. I've been close enough to a tornado touchdown to have a deep respect for them and be absolutely amazed at how fast they can form. I hope the survivors recover quickly.

I think we are headed for serious food problems this year. It's too late to replant and people in the Mid-West will be busy rebuilding their lives.

Here's an email from our local BSA Council

The Capitol Area Council extends its thoughts and prayers to the families of those Scouts killed and injured in a tornado at Little Sioux Scout Ranch in Iowa Wednesday night.
In this tragedy, however, we see vivid examples of exemplary young men and volunteer leaders who took the motto to heart, and truly were "prepared" to deal with this horrible situation.
When you have a moment, please CLICK HERE to watch a 6 minute interview done this morning by NBC's Ann Curry (it may take a moment to load). Take note in particular to the answers given by the two Scouts between 2 and 4 minutes into the interview. Their bravery, their reactions and their answers are why we do what we do.
We expect to receive information in the coming hours on a central donation drive to benefit the victims of the tornado and their families.

It is very very sad. But to hear them say (the young men) that they were glad it hit them because they have some skills to help those injured is just amazing and selfless.

Hats off to future leaders.

Back