Russian roulette kit brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyjason

Reaction score
Hey brew heads.

For my first Homebrew kit for Christmas, the young brewmaster, bitter.

Now the out come is a bit hit and miss. Some nice some not so nice. Some bottles clear some cloudy, some a little sharp.

Two bottles blew up.

Soooo, I'm thinking, first point to learn was. Adding sugar to the bottles, I don't think I gave that as much attention as I could of done ( guilty of getting excited and bottling my first batch)

Do you think that's a factor and any ideas on any others ?

Got a coopers ale kit brewing at the mo, this time with brew belt keeping a steady 22. Want to ensure a consistent batch.

And while I have your attention, cider kit recommendations?

Tar very much.

Did you put the sugar directly into the bottles? The only practical way to get consistent carbonation bottle by bottle is with priming tabs, but it's a lot easier and also more sanitary to heat a little water, put .8 to 1 oz of corn sugar/5 gallons beer in it, let it boil a little bit, then dump it in the bottling bucket and stir.
Sorry, I've never brewed cider.

Took that advice, used coopers carb drops in the brew just bottled, much Easier. Thanks.

Back