My Hops are Rockin'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8string

Reaction score
Growing at least a foot a day with the rain we've had. Will soon cover the trellis over the back deck for the ultimate beer garden. Welcome summer

I'm still waiting for more sunshine. We had three hot, sunny days in May & the Fuggles & Cascades both did almost 3 feet. In the two cloudy, cool weeks since, maybe a foot each. It's been so overcast that the Sunbeam is the tallest of the 8 plants!

Man I have a bunch of first year plants and this spring has been terrible in Chicago..I have three cenntennial plants growing to about 8 inches..but the rest have done squat!!! I was a bit late getting them in the ground but we have had cool weather and little sunshine..plenty of water!!!

Im hoping they take off over the next week or so.

jay

Man I have a bunch of first year plants and this spring has been terrible in Chicago..I have three cenntennial plants growing to about 8 inches..but the rest have done squat!!! I was a bit late getting them in the ground but we have had cool weather and little sunshine..plenty of water!!!

Im hoping they take off over the next week or so.

jay

I hear you. Compared to some of the others I've seen, my hops have looked like they've been struggling. Maybe they've been concentrating on their root systems. With the decent weather last weekend, they finally started to get going.

The one thats rockin is a 4 year old Cascade. I have another Cascade, nugget, and Goldings that are on their second summer, they're chugging along. Need a vacuum sealer for storage this year.

worthless.gif

I have three 2yo hops (2 Fuggles and 1 Cascade). They are over taking my 10ft trellis. IT is awesome. Can not wait until harvest.

Pics to follow soon.

-WW

Latest posts

Back