Gas Manifold Question Carbonating/serving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xion10101

Reaction score
Hello I have a 4 chamber Gas Manifold and on one of the lines I have a homebrew carbonating at 20psi, and on the other line I have a dogfish 90minute that is ready to drink, but Im confused about how to keep my homebrew carbonating at 20psi and have my dogfish at dispensing levels. Is there a technique without buying a secondary regulator to dispense my beer while carbonating another using a 4 chamber Gas Manifold? Can i slightly turn the gauge on the manifold a quarter of the way open to only receive a fraction of the 20psi?

No easy solution here. If you want three different pressures, you'd need three regulators. One work-around you can use if you only have one is to set the regulator to 20psi to carb a new beer and turn off the gas to the other kegs. There's plenty of pressure (~8-10psi) to dispense a couple of pints per keg, and you can always "top-off" with a quick squirt of 20psi.

Back