When worlds collide…BierMuncher, Meet Edwort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So Edwort let’s me know a few weeks ago he was coming to town and wondered if I wanted to get together for a beer.

We end up camping out in the lobby of the Residence Inn. He had a couple large bottles and I packed up a cooler of some of my stuff and we ate free wings and nachos for about 4 ½ hours.

2 - 12 Ounces of my Haus Blonde
32 Ounces of Edworts Rain Water Kolsch (Made with real rain water)
22 Ounces of Edworts Hefe (Absolutely Awesome)
2 - 12 Ounces of my Anchor Steam Clone
2 - 12 Ounces of my OktoberFast
2 - 12 Ounces of my Olde Speckled Hen

Twas a very nice visit and the bullsh!t was flying by the end of the evening.

Thanks for the visit Ed. Next time we’’ head over to the house and throw something on the grill and do some damage to my keezer.

EdWortsVisit.jpg

This was all that was left of the evening...

EdWortsVisit1.jpg

Nice, looks like fun a nice nuetral spot in public, just in case your internet friend wants to grind you into tiny pieces ;) . You put a tie on to tie one on with EdWort?

Cool pics, thanks for sharing.

I have yet to see a pic of you that doesn't include either a) your ugly junk b) a box of triscuits or c) you flipping the bird.

Are you going to try to make it up to NHBC next year, BM? Straight shot on 64E for about 4 hours to Louisville, then 71N for about 1.5 hours.

landhoney said:
Biermuncher,
What's the deal with that fat bottle, where'd you get it and what size is it?

That's one of my Buzz in a Bottle brews. It's a 32 oz. Tecate bottle.

Tecate32oz.jpg

I buy these buy the case at a local grocery store for $1.99. I drinke the beer with lime, then soak the lable.

I find it is a great cappable bottle that is perfect for gifts. I ask for them back too.

32 oz. is the perfect buzz and it's one bottle.

olllllo said:
You have Ed in your basement, don't you.

Actually I'm at the Dixie Cup in Houston right now. We just finished Dinner with Fred. Fred Eckhardt, the 81 year old home brew guru. What a fun evening. There was a raffle for all sorts of stuff. I picked up a Orval Bar Towel, a Samuel Smith pint glass, and believe it or not, a fricking Brewers Association Stainless Travel Coffee Mug. Coffee Stout from Uncle Billy's maybe. :D

I judged a flight of Fruit Meads and a couple flights of English Special Bitter tonight.

Gotta drinks some water & get some sleep.

Barley Wine judging starts at 8:30 :cross:

EdWort said:

Tecate32oz.jpg

I buy these buy the case at a local grocery store for $1.99. I drinke the beer with lime, then soak the lable.

I find it is a great cappable bottle that is perfect for gifts. I ask for them back too.

32 oz. is the perfect buzz and it's one bottle.

Thanks, I have some friends I need to buy some beer for - that stuff is not my style. I really like those bottles, 32oz is a nice size to store away long-term for special occasions.

EdWort said:

$2/case(!), or $2/each when purchased in a case? They're $3 apiece around here when bought in singles. Same with Carta Blanca which IMO tastes the exact same as Tecate. :cross:

BierMuncher said:
Yeah buddy...
Shaping up real nice. Prolly another 2-3 weeks to perfections.

Tasted good though.

I've been eyeballing Orfy's recipe every since I got back from my vacation. I'll have to plug it into BeerSmith and see if I can come up with a good partial mash version.

BlindLemonLars said:
I've been eyeballing Orfy's recipe every since I got back from my vacation. I'll have to plug it into BeerSmith and see if I can come up with a good partial mash version.

Check out the recipe....I've posted a 5 gallon US PM.
You need to check the Math and convert for your set up.

It would be good if we could post BSM files on here.

PM me if you want me to email it to you.

Brew Runner said:
$2/case(!), or $2/each when purchased in a case? They're $3 apiece around here when bought in singles. Same with Carta Blanca which IMO tastes the exact same as Tecate. :cross:

$2 per bottle. A case is 12 bottles. Not bad I guess for 32 oz. of beer. Ya need lots of limes for a case though. :cross: An you are right, Carta Blanca tastes the same as Tecate, especially after the first 32 oz.

Either way, they make great bottles for home brew. Cut down on the work, just the right amount, and they make great gifts to folks who appreciate your brew.

HarvInSTL said:
Yes you should have! I guess I'm not EAC enough. :(
D O H ! ! !

Sorry Harv...

Definitely next time. Edwort happened to be staying in a hotel...literally in the shadows of my office building so it was a real easy 1-2 punch.

By the way..have you heard from Kent R lately. I'm trying to get two sack of MO on the next bulk order.

Back