Hello from Indy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwilliams108

Reaction score
Been lurking for a little while figured I would say hi. I made my first 5 gal extract batch last weekend after doing extensive reading (John Palmer and this site) And am already planning my AG rig (got kegs lined up, working on a fridge for fermentation chamber, grain mill, ect). I work at a steel mill (bar mill) so I have access to well, steel in the bar form, a TIG rig as well as process controls engineers. I gotta say that I'm pretty geeked about my new hobby and was pretty happy to find a place with people just as OCD as I am.

I'm still new too, however, welcome and have fun.. Hope you have a sponge for a brain because this site is the bomb for information. Only 3 brews down but the first one was awesome and I got hooked. Now I'm scared that it is going to become a sickness that I can't shake. I'm addicted more to the brewing, than the consumption. I need a shrink. Have fun and read lots.

So you liked the brewers best american light ? Thats what is fermenting right now. I plan on doing a second brew this weekend as with as many people who know about this I have a feeling it wont be around long.

Welcome Indy brewer!! Glad to have you. If you are ever thirsty, stop on by CCB!

Yes, it was slightly hoppy in comparison to the sweetness but even my wife loved it. Listen to the people on the forum about letting the beer age. It makes all the difference in the world but I'm still new. Don't listen to me, brew and enjoy. I was too anxious but that didn't deter me. I wish I had 50 gallons just lying around....LOL so I could age it and pick which brew to drink now. BTW, I kegged and force carbonated first time. My head hurts thinking about how much I have read on this forum. But trust me, its all worth it.

Remember fellas...

BIG BREW DAY at Great Fermentations on MAY 2nd! They are also having a homebrew "garage sale" where you can sell your extra brewing equipment. They are also grilling out! GET OUT THERE... take your rigs to Great Fermentations and brew out back with other home brewers.

Id take my rig, but... meh, I dont know that they have a 240VAC GFCI circuit for me to bum off of.

I was in great ferm yesterday, and they said they will be doing something similar to nat. brew day again soon, but it is Indiana hombrewer assc. event.

I dont remember the date, but i think it was in june.

Back