Hoppin' Frog!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frostyone

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got my hands on some Hoppin' Frog! So excited. I plan to enjoy them this weekend (by them, probably one or two...gotta savor it). I picked up Boris The Crusher of course, along with Fresh Frog Raw Hop Imperial Pale Ale, Hop Masters Abbey Belgian-Style Double IPA, Hoppin to Heaven IPA, and last but not least, Silk Porter. It's alright, go ahead...be jealous, lol. If you are from the area, they can all be found at Sahara Mart on E. Third St. in Bloomington, IN. 1300+ beers baby!

I have seen their beers around the stores here in north-central Florida, but I haven't tried them, nor do I know anything about the brewery. I'll have to pick some up next time I make a craft beer run (just did one yesterday to try Stone's Double Bastard and Cigar City Winter Warmer).

The brewery is about 45 min south of me. I've gotten to know one of the brewers there in my BJCP class. They make some great beer. Look out for the barrel aged BORIS too. There were only 3 batches produced, so if you see it, snag it up quick!

You know Edcculus, you are one lucky bastard. You have Hoppin' Frog AND Thirsty Dog 45 minutes away (and buddies with one of the brewers at HF!), and Great Lakes Brewing Co. probably just down the street....need I say more?

You know Edcculus, you are one lucky bastard. You have Hoppin' Frog AND Thirsty Dog 45 minutes away (and buddies with one of the brewers at HF!), and Great Lakes Brewing Co. probably just down the street....need I say more?

Yep, we meet at Great Lakes for our BJCP class too! If you get a chance, check out Buckeye Brewing too. Too bad I'll be moving to Asheville in April. They have Highland, French Broad and a few others there, so I can't complain.

+1 to Boris the Crusher..I also had the black and tan which is actually a stout and an IPA. That was interesting. My only gripe is the price..I think its about $12 around here.

It's a little farther to ship to Jersey than it is to the state next door...thus my $8.99 price tag. I'm not sure if they were all that price or if some were cheaper, but I know that was the top end of it.

Too bad I'll be moving to Asheville in April. They have Highland, French Broad and a few others there, so I can't complain.

Keep in mind that you have Pisgah just up the road, and even though it's a ways away, you can at least buy Duck-Rabbit in North Carolina.

Back