Simpson Golden Naked Oats?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamrockdoc

Reaction score
What is a good replacement for Golden Naked Oat? Can't seem to find it local and I don't want to wait to order it. So HBT what say you?

If you can't find them local, it seems like the only option is to use some good ol' quaker oats. Toast them up in the oven for a bit before you you use them and maybe you won't miss the golden naked oats?

If you can't find them local, it seems like the only option is to use some good ol' quaker oats. Toast them up in the oven for a bit before you you use them and maybe you won't miss the golden naked oats?

Smashing idea sir! +100 internets to you.

I don't think that will be all that similar but I've only used GNO a couple of times. Golden Naked Oats are a 'crystal' oat. They can add a 'berry' note and I didn't get the silky mouthfeel you get from flaked oats. I'd just sub a similar color crystal malt (maybe a bit darker) plus maybe some flaked oats. Still wouldn't expect it to be quite the same but close enough.

Back