First time I'm actually worried about a brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramthebuffs

Reaction score
I'm moving in like a week or two so I decided to use up what I had. Anyway, I pitched some 002 that was obviously vinegary smelling. It was stored in the vile, in my fridge for like a month. Was this a bad mistake? Should I hit up lhbs and get some recovery yeast in the morning?

I'm moving in like a week or two so I decided to use up what I had. Anyway, I pitched some 002 that was obviously vinegary smelling. It was stored in the vile, in my fridge for like a month. Was this a bad mistake? Should I hit up lhbs and get some recovery yeast in the morning?

I don't see how the vile of yeast would turn vinegary. White Labs and Wyeast are very good about QC, and there's nothing in there that would make is sour like that.

If it was somehow infected, which is unlikely, then pitching it was a bad idea. However, I say you will be fine. You underpitched, so it might lag, but it'll be ok.

I don't see how the vile of yeast would turn vinegary. White Labs and Wyeast are very good about QC, and there's nothing in there that would make is sour like that.

If it was somehow infected, which is unlikely, then pitching it was a bad idea. However, I say you will be fine. You underpitched, so it might lag, but it'll be ok.

+1

I'm thinking the same thing.

yeah its already bubbling pretty strongly this morning cos I don't have anywhere cool to keep it. Thanks for the help.

Back