Sparkaloid is a Godsend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewFrick

Reaction score
If you have never tried this product to clear you mead, you really need to take a look at it. I used it to clear a batch of Meadowfoam mead that I had thought would never clear on it's own. I let it sit to age and clear for 8 months. This was also the coolest thing to watch work since I started brewing 3 years ago. I boiled a tablespoon of this for a 6 gallon batch, racked it to a new bottle, and then added the mix in hot. It sat for one day without much activity then BAM! On the second day it had noticeably cleared and had little chunks of stuff all in it. The next two days were better, the stuff got into big clumps and started dropping out. Lots of lees are on the bottom now and the stuff is so clear you can read through it. I will rack off of the new lees and then bottle in one more week. I swear by this stuff now after witnessing what it can do.

I don't know if it will pull all particles out of suspension or just works on stray yeast cloud. Could be you might need some pectic enzyme in there too.

I LOVE SPARKLOID!
/caps

Really though one time I added it to my 2 week old apfelwine and it was clear and ready to go after 2 more weeks. Not saying it improves the taste but it does clear it :drunk:

Just make sure you leave it undisturbed for at least a week or better yet the 2 weeks that is recommended cause **** just keeps falling out of the suspension.

My favorite is when you catch it at the right time and you can see how much clearer the top is compared to the bottom half.

edit:I still use pectic enzyme in the begining if it is a type of wine that needs it

Back