Cleaning Kegerator W/ Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EamusCatuli

Reaction score
I don't currently have any good cleaning products for my kegerator, but can placing water in the keg and running it through the system get me by? About how long can I wait until I have to $$ on some cleaning stuff, and what works best?

You can use the Billy Mays magic of oxiclean and a rag if you are talking about cleaning the fridge itself.

If you are talking about the keg, run some water/oxiclean through the system after letting it sit for a bit.

BAM

You can use the Billy Mays magic of oxiclean and a rag if you are talking about cleaning the fridge itself.

If you are talking about the keg, run some water/oxiclean through the system after letting it sit for a bit.

BAM

Really? Oxiclean is okay running through the system and does the job? When I say system I mean the inside of the keg, inside of hoses and lines, through the shank and faucet.

yep, It's what most people use for cleaning keg setups and bottles. Run this through your system, Then flush a few times with water through the whole system to flush, the run a sanitizer solution (starsan,iodophor, ext.) through the entire setup. Then rack your beer to the keg, hookup, and serve. No need to rinse after sanitising if you're using a non rinse such as starsan. Remember, Don't fear the bubbles! :D

yep, It's what most people use for cleaning keg setups and bottles. Run this through your system, Then flush a few times with water through the whole system to flush, the run a sanitizer solution (starsan,iodophor, ext.) through the entire setup. Then rack your beer to the keg, hookup, and serve. No need to rinse after sanitising if you're using a non rinse such as starsan. Remember, Don't fear the bubbles! :D

Thats what they tell me but all those bubbles make me think bad thoughts of rinsing them out :(

Back