First blowoff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerjunky828

Reaction score
I just recently made a 2 gallon IIPA. It started fermenting well after approx. 8 hours. I had to buy a blow off tube this morning at lowes. It was fermenting like crazy and bubbling in the pot of water. Krausen was coming through the fermenter and into the pot of water. Anyway, the bubbling has stopped and fermentation has seemed to slow down after 24 hours. Should I keep the blow off tube on or should I cap it??

normally the crazy fermentaion doesnt return if you arnt using the blowoff now id say your safe

Just leave the blowoff tube until you are ready to bottle/keg. There is no harm in using the blowoff tube. Many people use them as standard practice and don't even use airlocks.

Wow..whats with all the blowoff tube questions the last few days? There are 4-5 thread recently posted about blowoff tubes.

Just leave the blowoff tube until you are ready to bottle/keg. There is no harm in using the blowoff tube. Many people use them as standard practice and don't even use airlocks.

Wow..whats with all the blowoff tube questions the last few days? There are 4-5 thread recently posted about blowoff tubes.

It's getting warmer. I bet we see a lot more as summer gets closer.

Back