Ready for Bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badnaam

Reaction score
My Pliny has been dry hopping for 2 weeks now and FG wise it seems to be ready for bottling. Though when I peek through the hole on my bucket's lid, I see that there is a layer of hops at the top (I just poured the hop pellets through the hole for dry hopping). This layer has been like this for the last 3-4 days.

What shall I do? Will it ever settle? Shall I go ahead and bottle? Is this some kinda infection?

Thanks

badnaam said:
My Pliny has been dry hopping for 2 weeks now and FG wise it seems to be ready for bottling. Though when I peek through the hole on my bucket's lid, I see that there is a layer of hops at the top (I just poured the hop pellets through the hole for dry hopping). This layer has been like this for the last 3-4 days.

What shall I do? Will it ever settle? Shall I go ahead and bottle? Is this some kinda infection?

Thanks

sounds like just what you say, a layer of hops. Rack it leaving those hops behind and rock on:ban:

You'll be fine. Just rack to your bottling bucket as normal. The hops will stay in the bucket. If any fine hop particles do make it to your bottles, it will settle out with the yeast during conditioning.
Cheers,:mug:

Back