Showcasing Homegrown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BorealBrewer

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Just wondering what brews, if any, you use to show off your homegrown hops.

I've got a bunch of mystery hops - kind of Cascade-ish - and I've been thinking a Sierra Nevada Pale Clone type - but am really interested to see what other people are doing.

I also have some homegrown Goldings. They don't excite me nearly as much as the mystery hops!

-Boreal

I grow Chinook, Centennial and Cascade, and mostly use them in various combinations for Blondes, Pales, IPAs and DIPAs, and my favorite Imperial Stout recipe. I also have three potted Fuggles plants which bear poorly (pots basically suck compared to planting in a well prepared bed) but what they do produce goes into my ESB brews.

From what I've read from fellow hopsters here, Goldings don't seem to do well in my area, but if I had home growns I'd do a traditional English ale with them to really show them off...

Cheers!

Just yesterday I finally got a chance to brew once again. This year I grew some Nugget and Cascade hops and made a Marris Otter/Cascade SMaSH. I used 1 oz at 60, 1 oz at 10 and 1.5 oz at flame out with 10.5 lb of Marris Otter. The sample I took before pitching tasted great. We'll see here in about a month or so though.

Back