Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please send BBBF the spreadsheet link please? I'm not in front of a computer right now. Thanks.

Can someone please send BBBF the spreadsheet link please? I'm not in front of a computer right now. Thanks.

Done.

Bill your beer was excellent. Me, I'm going to bring some actual sh*tty beer in case people want to play "how did Starman F up this batch?".

Two more people were added today to bring our sack count up to 181. That is the final cut off. THIS BUY IS CLOSED TO NEW COMERS. Thank you to those who have already paid. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Paid. And thank you to the guys that forwarded me the link.

If anyone who ordered the EKG felt that they over-ordered, I would be interested in acquiring a pound. If not, I'll be in for group buy #6!

COORDINATING PICKUP

I am hoping that everyone pays by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I can place the order maybe on Wednesday and have grain delivered next Friday. Then the weekend of 21st people pick up their stuff. I will be out of town on Wednesday and Thursday but I can get the order in over the phone while traveling. My big request is for most if not all people to pick up over the weekend so that I'm not sitting on a bunch of grain. Floor space at my place is limited. I will need some help during the pickup. Last time Starman and Adman were nice enough to help out. Starman, sorry to hear that your downtown gig dried up but if you're not too busy your help would be greatly appreciated again; let me know. The same for Adman but I believe his new gig has him quite busy. If you want to volunteer to help PM me. Quite honestly, those damn sacks seem to get heavier than previously with every successive group buy. :)

Indeed! This has been one of the more pleasant experiences I've been a part of. That's saying a lot trust me!!!!!!

thank yourselves for making this buy (and past ones) a good experience for all of those involved.

I'm definitely good for tossing bags around. Friday should be perfect, as Q should be with the wife. Maybe we can pre- pick orders to limit the handling.

starman said:
I'm definitely good for tossing bags around. Friday should be perfect, as Q should be with the wife. Maybe we can pre- pick orders to limit the handling.

Starman, I'm taking you up on your offer but I'm not sure if the grain will arrive friday so it's still up in the air. Also, of all payments are not received by next week then it may have to be postponed until later. Let's get the payments in as soon as feasibly possible. Thanks.

Disclaimer: I've been drinking with my nephew. So if my post makes no sense forgive me. Cheers!

its harder for me on the weekdays but saturday or sunday i can be there in the morning to help out so count me in but i will try to pick up asap and sort the hops order

A quick count shows 32 out of 43* paid so it looks possible. One of those is the pallet #4 subgroup so the reality is there are probably more than 11 people that still owe but we're close. Nobody gets grain till everyone pays!

PayPal pay, send money, pay, blah blah send blah pay pay.

I'll keep Friday open.

I can help on some day. I work 6/7 days a week but if you let me know what day you need me I can take that one off.

starman said:
A quick count shows 32 out of 43* paid so it looks possible. One of those is the pallet #4 subgroup so the reality is there are probably more than 11 people that still owe but we're close. Nobody gets grain till everyone pays!

PayPal pay, send money, pay, blah blah send blah pay pay.

I'll keep Friday open.

Received payment from one more just haven't marked it on the spreadsheet yet.

I can't believe that we're very close to ordering 10,000 pounds of grain. Wow.

I need to start sending PMs to those that haven't paid yet. I suspect that they're not following this thread very closely. Don't be surprised if one or two people drop out. Happens every time.

Hey all, never done a group buy before, but im very interested....i live in the NW suburbs, is there a posted site with rules or how to be notified when the next round will be, ive missed the last two :0/

homebrewfrank said:
Hey all, never done a group buy before, but im very interested....i live in the NW suburbs, is there a posted site with rules or how to be notified when the next round will be, ive missed the last two :0/

Check out the first page of this thread it has the rules for this buy.

Excellent!!!! Exactly what i was looking for! Thank you very much! Now just have to be patient for the next wave haha. :cheers:

Ok, normally I am a little sharper but I am having trouble finding Bills paypal addy to send the funds. I know he mentioned it was in his sig somewhere or somesuch? I've already spent 10 min
looking for it though, twice. If someone would be so kind as to PM it to me I will immediately ship the funds. Cheers!

Opteek: It is under the quote link tab in the spreadsheet.

I've been having trouble transferring money to the right account so I can use Paypal, I have the worst bank in existence. It should be in by tonight.

Bill - You got PayPal.

If this does not happen this weekend, I may have a problem picking up next week/weekend. If the pickup gets pushed to next week, hopefully somebody that lives out in the western burbs can grab my order (its just 1 sack of grain), and I can work out the detais with them to pick it up. I live in South Elgin, but work in the Villa Park/Lombard area.

Thanks,

Kurt

Gentlemen! I apologize for the delay in getting my portion of the order squared away. I have been out of town and unable to process the totals until this morning so it may be a few days before I can get a payment to Bill. My invoices are out and I hope to be able to get a payment to Bill by the end of the week.

Hopefully this doesn't wreck distribution and pick-up plans for too many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back