Bottle Conditioning Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acidrain23

Reaction score
So, I've been having issues finding a suitable place to bottle carbonate my homebrew. Its been 65F or lower in my apartment since winter hit. However, I think I found the perfect place last night! There is a 4" gap between the top of my kitchen cabinets and the ceiling and temps up there are right around 75F. Perfect for carbonating my brew! However, is there any harm from storing the bottles on their sides while they pressurize? After they carbonate, they will be returning to their upright, locked position. :)

The trub will settle on the side of the bottles and you will disturb it when you rotate the bottles, but you could just rest them upright for a couple days and you should be fine.

You could also try putting your beer in a small closet with a 100 watt lightbulb. I have found that if you keep the door closed, the temp can stay high enough (mid seventies in my experience) to carbonate your beer in a few weeks. Just make sure to protect your beer from direct light.

In my experience ive carbed a few straglers on their sides and the yeast settels on the side damn gravity..but no harm no foul if the yeast is in contact with the liquid imo.just pour from the non yeast side of bottle.worked for me.

Back