Nut Brown Ale Brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnurse

Reaction score
Here are some more photos!
Oh Sweeeet Wort!
4137-DSC_0054_edited-1.jpg

4137-DSC_0056_edited-1.jpg

Sorry about all the photos , just got my new toy and needed to check out what she can do. Got to get back to brewing!!!!!!

Cool pictures! Thanks for starting off this forum.

Nice color on the pictures. But put a vinyl tube on your valve so that the wort isn't splashing into your brew kettle. Let if flow through a tube instead so that it isn't picking up a ton of oxygen as it splashes down. That is called hot side aeration and can result in some less-than-desirable tastes.

What kind of camera is it? Did you do much post-photo enhancement on those pics? The color is stunning.

I took the tube off for a more dramatic photo. The sunlight on by back deck sucks, but the pics are untouched, except to downsize. I just bought a Nikon D200.
4137-D200pic.jpg

10.2 Megapixels of FUN!I have been wanting to get this camera for a long time now. I had to work a bunch of overtime to get it too. But man is it sweet! Thanks for looking!

Thanks! I am going to try take more brew day pics. I like the D200, but if you don't need the speed or some of the other upgrades the D80 is real nice. I believe they are going to upgrade it and put it out next year( I think). I love all the pics so far, hope to see more!

Brewnurse said:
Thanks! I am going to try take more brew day pics. I like the D200, but if you don't need the speed or some of the other upgrades the D80 is real nice. I believe they are going to upgrade it and put it out next year( I think). I love all the pics so far, hope to see more!

Need? Hahahhahaha. I certainly don't need it, but what does that have to do with anything? ;) I'm joking of course. But, seriously I like the extra options and speed, etc. Much better camera, looking forward to it. I like the dedicated WB, QUAl, and ISO(wow!) buttons. I constantly change settings, would love it to be easier. ISO 100 nice, 5fps, better viewfinder. Only negative IMHO compact flash card, I have 1 & 2 gig SD cards so I'll have to switch. Battery life also? Not really a big deal, carrying an extra battery is a good idea regardless.

Back