Other offerings from Bud

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak

Reaction score
Rather than adding to an already lengthy thread, here's another for the rest of the "craft" brews from Bud/Mich/Busch. Tried the Pale Ale, Irish Red, and Porter in a sampler 12 pack. From the bottom up..

Pale Ale - Not as hoppy as the label infers, however somewhat better than
Bud American Ale. A reasonable compromise for those afraid to
hop.

Marzen/Octoberfest - Not bad, similar to Sam Adams Octoberfest but maybe
a touch thinner.

Porter - Surprisingly porter. Rich color, texture, and taste. Checked the
label again.... Yes it is from ANB.

Irish Red - The best of the bunch. Very good malt character, adequate hops
color and texture. This and the porter have a good chance of
following me home again.

Anybody else tried these?

Ya, the Michelob brand is pretty common (at least around here). I've picked up a sampler from them before and, yes, I agree that the porter and irish red are the best of the lot. :mug:

But, I always get a kick out of reading "[made with] All Malt" in big letters on the label. I'm sure they identified the need for such a label in a focus group full of snobby nose craft beer drinkers like ourselves. But, it shows they care. :D

IIRC, Redhook is only distributed by A-B, not actually a part of the family. But I do think they have gone down in quality considerably in recent years, perhaps due to their ties with the Bud boys.

Latest posts

Back