New to Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDGator

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just ordered a new keg set up today. should be in early next week. it's a complete set up minus the CO2. which is no big deal because i run a shop and can get a tank for a few bucks.

any tips on cleaning, keeping it in tip top shape, or anything other tips?

Thanks

Get some spare O-rings and use keg lube. Check extremely carefully for leaks. It sucks to lose a whole tank of CO2 to a leak that went undetected.

build a DIY line cleaner, there are writeups on here how to do it. costs like $12 total and saves you lots of CO2.

what kind of system are you putting this in (diy keezer, fridge, commercial kegorator)?

I did order lube and a few sets of orings. I will be turning my chest freezer into a keezer. Right now my garage stays around 40f because its winter here.

I will check out the diy line cleaner.

Thanks guys

I am slowly easing my way into kegging as cash funds allow. I have two ball lock kegs on the way from Ebay.
Is there a good guideline posted?
lube and assembly of the keg
How to properly clean the lines/keg.
pressure settings for certain types of beer.
to filter or not to filer
I am sure there are questions i should ask but i do not even know the question exist.

I checked out the DIY line cleaner and will be making one. Pretty easy project that will be nice once i have a few more keg lines.

Thanks

Back