I broke my first hydrometer!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggben

Reaction score
I never thought it would happen to me but it finally did. i broke my first hydrometer ever. and the way i did it was with a block of cheese lol. i left the hydrometer out on my counter after taking my final readings. about an hour later i went to get some cheese out to make my son a sandwich and threw it down on the counter. Bamn!!! glass everywhere!!! so my question is how did you brake your first hydrometer? interested in your guys experiences lol!!

:drunk:

I was drying mine with a towel and lost my grip on it. When it hit the kitchen floor it shattered into a thousand pieces. I spent the next hour cleaning up tiny glass fragments. What a PITA.

I had it sitting against the wall on the kitchen counter (a really safe spot so that it won't roll onto the floor, right?), and I put a bucket of beer on the counter in front of it. A little while later, I decided that I needed a little bit more room in front of the bucket, so I slid the bucket back a little bit and heard glass being crushed.

I made what must've been some really sh*tty beer once and it melted my hydrometer.

Awful thin aren't they. I had one leaning against the wall on the counter, moved something bumped it and watched it fall over and break:cross:

Latest posts

Back