Banjo burner assembly instructions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtanner

Reaction score
Hello,

Just putting together my burners and it appears that there are no instructions included with any of my bayou classic banjo burners. Mine are the bg-14s and they include the air control disc the brass orifice and a spring. Anyone care to let me know where the spring goes?

Between the screw & washer so you can adjust air intake on Venturi.
Look at the video online for assembly of the Blichmann burner.

I think it's Burner----air control disc---spring----orifice.

Considering it's used to burn flammable gas I suggest you confirm with the manufacturer before blowing yourself up though.

AND< off topic a bit, what is the spring for? Anyone know?

Thank you! That was what I came up with just using my wits but still feels good to know what's correct. Thanks again!

I think it's Burner----air control disc---spring----orifice.

Correctamundo!

Considering it's used to burn flammable gas I suggest you confirm with the manufacturer before blowing yourself up though.

AND< off topic a bit, what is the spring for? Anyone know?

Not so off-topic, considering. The spring is simply used to keep the air control disc tight against the venturi bell. If you tried to do the same without the spring it would make the adjustment of the orifice fairly critical, and as the fit of the orifice isn't particularly tight, turning the disc would likely loosen the orifice...

Cheers!

Back