Welding a blichmann?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I saw a thread about the Blichmann Kettles having weldless fittings. I thought a nipple or something would had been welded to it. Is the thermometer weldless too? I would imagine it works fine no matter what. I guess I need to be reassured.

Weldless stuff is great. I have used it exclusively and never had a leak on any component. I think you are AOK

yes, the thermometer is weldless. It works well, although I (and I think most agree) find the thermometer to be higher than I would like. In my 15 gal boilermaker, its right around the 6.5 gallon mark, which is useless when cooling my 5 gallon batches.

yes, the thermometer is weldless. It works well, although I (and I think most agree) find the thermometer to be higher than I would like. In my 15 gal boilermaker, its right around the 6.5 gallon mark, which is useless when cooling my 5 gallon batches.

This is too true. I went with the 15 gallon so I can brew 10 gallon batches as well, but the majority of my brewing is 5 gallon batches, so that thermometer does nothing but sit there and look pretty.

I think I'll order the 10 gallon boilermaker at some point, and this should then solve the problem.

Back