Anyone been to Cider Days in Western Mass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluechicken

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going (ciderday.org), but have never been and was curious how it is. There's an Intro to Cidermaking workshop on Saturday that looks good, but I'm wondering if there are other opportunities to learn cider making techniques and if it's an overall good event to go to.

This is agreat event. I met Paul Correnty, Claude Jolicoeur author of The New Cider Makers Hanbook (very technical) and Ben Watson author of Cider Hard and Sweet (more aproachable) this got me
making great cider out of the gate!
These guys are the shizle. Tasting tent with 60 ciders for $25. We tasted cider from New Zealand,Spain,France,Canada, UK and US. All styles.... perries,
ice ciders,wild yeast etc. A hopped cider from Citizens Cider was awesome they are from Vt. an off dry all peach sparkler from Nova Scotia was crazy good. Also any one in NY can get Aaron Burr cider an perry. These are made wild fruit and natural yeast, amazing. Didnot attend the dinner but wil next year. I entered the comp. and came halfway in the field, and considering the cometition I was pleased. I make dry sparkling and I know most people prefer sweeter styles. The winner was an ice cider aged in oak barrel for two yrs.
This resembled a sweet dessert wine with sherry notes an a loooooong finish.
The other event not to miss is byo tasting, they pour a sample and then the maker talks about it and then the judges talk about it. They joked it used to be called bad cider, but now most people are making such good cider they had trouble judging. They debated for while before choosing the winner.

Back