Auber SYL 2352 Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reuliss

Reaction score
I recently completed wiring a control box for a RIMS system with an Auber PID maintaining my mash temp with a 1500w heating element. There are a ton of nonintuitive settings on this thing and I have no idea what to do with them. Does anyone have a list of settings I could use to set up this PID to control my mash? Any help much appreciated.

I am in the middle of a similar build that also uses the Auber SYL-2352 and can't find a good list of settings either. This is what I have gathered from other threads, but I have the feeling that this isn't a complete list:

Run "autotune" using water that is within 10 degrees of your expected normal mash temp.
Pv: current temp of probe
Sv: desired temp of probe
Sn: 21
Cool: 10
Pb: temp offset - used to calibrate the temp probe + For each degree your probe measures too high, use -1, -2, etc - and vice-versa
Filt: 5
Alm1: Temperature alarm - sounds if you get too hot

Are these the only settings that I need to change and are these settings correct for a 1500w RIMS tube with pump?

Back