You decide what my next brew should be

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I brew next?

• Northern Brewer's Tongue-Splitter (pale ale)

• Northern Brewer's British Bitter (Std. Bitter)

• Pliny the Elder clone

• BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde

Results are only viewable after voting.

barrooze

Reaction score
Hi, I'm torn on what I should brew next. When I brew next I'll have on tap: a house pale ale, a CTZ/Pilsner SMaSH (basically another pale ale), 2 India Black Ales, and a sweet stout. I have the ingredients for all of the below beers, but can't decide which I should brew next. Help me decide!

The options are:
  • Northern Brewer's Tongue-Splitter (another hoppy pale ale)
  • Northern Brewer's British Bitter (a std. bitter)
  • Pliny the Elder clone
  • BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde

Thanks in advance!

Please use the voting options at the top! :)

Edit: anyone know how to change/remove a vote? I didn't mean to vote at all!

Looks like you need a session ale to balance out your others,so NBBB or Centennial Blonde.

I'd brew the English Bitter, then you'll have a very rounded tap selection ( which you can invite me over to sample anytime!)

I vote for the Bitter, but if you are going to brew a Bitter from NB, try the Pro Series Surly Bitter. Surly is an awesome brewery up here in MN, and their Bitter is one of the best bitters I've ever tried!

mrdauber64 said:
I vote for the Bitter, but if you are going to brew a Bitter from NB, try the Pro Series Surly Bitter. Surly is an awesome brewery up here in MN, and their Bitter is one of the best bitters I've ever tried!

I was actually born and raised in MPLS. Surly came in after I moved away, but I know of them and have had a few beers, all of which were great. The thing about the poll is I have the kits from NB already at home and have the ingredients for the other two as well. I can find the recipe for Surly's bitter and see if I have what I need to turn the NB bitter into the Surly Bitter. If not, the regular NB may be the winner. :)

EDIT: just checked the Surly recipe and though it looks good, I dont have all those grains on hand. The Bitter option is going to remain as listed above. :) thanks for the suggestion though!

Pliny's now in the lead! I hope everyone who commented also used the voting buttons! :)

I plan on brewing next week/weekend, so if you want to help set the brew, place your vote now!

I found 3 votes that are not counted in the polls. 2 for British Bitter and 1 for Centennial Blonde. That makes the current vote count:

Code:
Northern Brewer's Tongue-Splitter:   4
Northern Brewer's British Bitter:   18
Pliny the Elder clone:              21
BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde:    20

Very tight race! :ban:

I flipped two coins and voted for the blonde.
I like random.
If you find yourself rooting for a certain result, then you've made your choice.
If you find yourself not rooting, then it doesn't matter, and the decision is made faster.

I like random.
If you find yourself rooting for a certain result, then you've made your choice.
If you find yourself not rooting, then it doesn't matter, and the decision is made faster.

Awesome, sounds like your coins have a similar tendency to the voters of this forum! Randomly picking was my 2nd option. I preferred the idea of having you guys decide for me over the sheer luck. :)

I'm not rooting for any particular recipe, but it has been enjoyable watching the some come into the lead and then fall back to be upset by another recipe, and then see it happen all over again by a different recipe. :)

DromJohn said:
I like random.

Exactly what I do. If I flip and say "Dang it, it's heads," then I know what my decision is. Gotta go with the coin flip even if you go against the outcome.

I STILL haven't brewed yet! My wife just delivered twin girls two days ago and I'll be home helping for the next three weeks and will hopefully get a chance to squeeze a brew session in there at some point. As the poll looks, I'll be brewing the BM Centenniel Blonde! :) it's up to you all to change that brew if you want!! :D

Congrats man! My wife and I are expecting twins any minute now (literally, she's 37 weeks and 1 cm dilated). Congrats again.

Thank you both! And best of luck to you and your wife! She was 36 wks and 4 days and was READY for them to arrive. :) Both girls are doing awesome and we're just waiting for 4pm to come around so we can bring them home! Thanks again!

Congrats man! We just had our first kid a month ago. Trust me, that 3 weeks is going to fly by in a second. I was off work for 5 weeks and went back on Wednesday and it seems like I was out a week at most. The Cent Blonde is a fantastic sessionable beer, go for that one.

Congrats man! We just had our first kid a month ago. Trust me, that 3 weeks is going to fly by in a second. I was off work for 5 weeks and went back on Wednesday and it seems like I was out a week at most. The Cent Blonde is a fantastic sessionable beer, go for that one.

Thanks! And I totally agree some sort of time warp occurs and speeds things up. These are actually #2 and #3 for us! Crazy days ahead! :drunk:

So... whats up now your brewing the Pliney? Holy drag on thread damn. C ongratulations with the newborn , but but...so your brewing pliny or your still limbo ing?? Man you could a brewed like 6 beers already,ha ,ha..Like all the above?!! Oh wait 4, that woulda been easy =4 weeks=1 a week.done and done. but,but. ha

Thank you all for your help! Yes, it took me a long time to brew that next batch, I had a lot going on in my non-brewing life that took precedence. So, using the poll as my guide, I brewed the Pliny and the Blonde over the last few days. That should cover my uber-hoppy and lightly-hopped range for a little while. :)

Thanks again everyone!

Back