can this be done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fractional

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all
here's my idea i don't want to do a full e brewery, ( house is over 100 years old to much of a pain) what i am wanting to do is set up a basic control box that will let me monitor the temps, a timer and turn on my pumps when they are needed. nothing real fancy.

i was wondering if its was possible to use a 3 way switch ( hope thats the right term) hooked up to a pid to switch between the bk, mlt and the hlt just to monitor the temps or will i have to have a pid for each one?

thanks
F

i don't see why not. you could easily do this with a 3 way all NO switch.

@Fractional what you suggest is fine. Having multiple PIDs saves reprogramming during the run. It's not a necessity.

For turning pumps on/off, you could get a simple analog or digital timer that plugs into an AC wall outlet and turns power on/off to the pump. These are $10-20.

You can get a 1/16th DIN style timer with relay output for $30-40 for mounting in a panel.

Back