Newbie - Given a Kegerator and kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS7891011

Reaction score
I think this may be my first post! :ban:

Anyway my boss was given a kegerator and 3 filled kegs of reeds rootbeer/cream soda over a year ago. He wanted me to make it disappear and since it still worked and just needed a little TLC I decided to keep it. I'm assuming the two filled kegs of root beer have probably gone bad so I'm going to empty them and need to know a few things:

1 - Where can I return the kegs? They are 5 gallon kegs (I think). Would it be worth it to keep them and fill them once I actually start the brewing process?
2 - If I do keep them can someone point me in the direction for a tutorial on how to sanitize them?

I think that's all for now. I'll probably have more questions as time goes on. right now I'm pimping my cooling system and prepping for a party with some friends this Christmas.

Thanks! :tank:

they probably gone bad. you should not use them. i have a disposal place for such things (my basement!!) :)

Lucky find for homebrewing

get new o rings cause rootbeer stank is impossible to get out, and check out this video, this is how I learned to clean my kegs

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. It looks like my buddy wants to buy two of the kegs. I'm going to hold on to one of them so I have something to put my beer in once I graduate from Mr. Beer. :D

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back