From keg to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johearn

Reaction score
Have a beer coming up that I want to keg but still have about a quarter tank of beer left in my corny keg. How do I bottle the beer that remains in my keg? Do I use priming sugar?

It is already carbonated. Attach a piece of beer line to your tap that will reach to the bottom of the bottle you choose to use. Make sure the bottle is clean and sterilized. Chill the bottle as close to the temperature of your beer as possible or below then fill and cap. Don't push the beer with a pressure of over 5 - 10 #.

Good luck!

If you've already got a picnic tap, take a look at the BMBF. It uses your picnic tap, a short piece of racking cane, and a stopper to put a little bit of backpressure while you're filling up your bottles. I'll second chilling your bottles as far as you can, the colder they are the less co2 will come out of solution when you fill them. Otherwise, just remember to cap onto foam to keep oxygen out and you should be good to go!

Back