Has anyone ever used this stuff?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPS

Reaction score
I was at whole foods organic supermarket. And they had a bunch of diff flavors. I have a German Alt beer in primary and a hard cider. So I was like maybe ill try this in like the last gallon of my cider when bottling. Does this stuff have fermentable sugars in it I don't want bottle bombs. Has anyone ever heard or used this stuff.

image-3440543010.jpg

image-1717747242.jpg

Haven't used it or heard of it.

Draw a sample of your cider and add a couple drops to see how it blends. May be a horrible fake taste or may be good, but this way you're not wasting a gallon.

I used the same brand chocolate flavoring on a chocolate stout. It's extract, so it's pretty strong stuff. I wouldn't use the whole bottle. There isn't anything fermentable in it.

No i wasn't going to use the whole bottle. I have a 4 gallon batch and was going to maybe put in like less then half into the last 1gallon of cider. Do you think thats 2 much? And how did your stout turn out any off flavors using this Brand?

The chocolate extract really provides more aroma than actual flavor. I think I used a tablespoon Or two full in a 5 gal batch. I tried another flavor( I think apple) and it tasted very fake. So you might want to play around by putting a few drops into a 12oz beer to get the ratio right you need. Or you might not like it at all.

Back