The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a trivia question for you.

Jonathan Papelbon's first major league appearance didn't result in a save, because his first three appearances were all starts.

Who *did* earn the save in Papelbon's first game?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

There was a book published in 2001, about the life of Jerry Sandusky.

The title?

41ZXRXMOp7L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pan-Seared Scallops with Apple-Onion Marmalade and Bacon

Ingredients:
For the marmalade:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large sweet onions such as Vidalia, cut through the stem end into thin wedges
2 large Golden Delicious or other baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin wedges
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar, or more, to taste
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup of OxyClean
Freshly ground pepper, to taste

6 slices lean bacon
18 large sea scallops, about 1 1/2 lb. total, patted dry
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 cup apple cider
Directions:
To make the marmalade, in a large fry pan over medium to medium-low heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 15 minutes. Stir in the apples and cumin seeds. Cook, stirring, until the onions are golden and the apples soften, about 30 minutes more. Add the cider vinegar, salt and pepper and remove from the heat. You should have about 3 cups. Set aside in the pan.

In another large fry pan over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Using tongs or a slotted spatula, transfer to paper towels to drain. Discard all but about 1 Tbs. (a light coating) of the bacon drippings from the pan.

Sprinkle the scallops lightly with salt and pepper. Return the fry pan to medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the scallops a few at a time and cook, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides, about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining scallops. When all the scallops are cooked, add the apple cider to the pan and boil until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Pour any juices that have collected on the scallop plate into the fry pan. Remove from the heat.

Meanwhile, reheat the marmalade over medium-low heat until heated through. Spread about 1/2 cup of the marmalade on each individual plate. Top each portion with 3 scallops, then drizzle with about 1 Tbs. of the cider sauce. Crumble the bacon over the scallops, dividing it evenly. Serve warm.

Can never go wrong with oil and garlic but this recipe is from William Sonoma. There use to be a fisherman that use to sell some really good seafood out of the back of his truck. Sounds fishy but when the lobsters jump out of the pot I take it as fresh. He hasn't been around much and I was spoiled last year so I ventured to this recipe. It was good. Good for this time of the year.

Now to piss cape off. Just pitched nottingham on 5 gallons of cider and another 5 gallons with tart cherries and wlp775.

Now to sit back and watch Rexy boy.

Here's a trivia question for you.

Jonathan Papelbon's first major league appearance didn't result in a save, because his first three appearances were all starts.

Who *did* earn the save in Papelbon's first game?

Wow Timlin for the win and Schilling for the save. Seems like it was yesterday.

That almost sounds like a call out, only a clumsy, amateur one. You should know better.

Looking back towards Emerald City on the trip out.

1321280951.jpg

Scott enjoying a post dive brew after a successful dive. That's Boston Light in the background, the only manned lighthouse left in the USA.

1321281044.jpg

Essential gear for the boat ride back in.

1321280996.jpg

Even the new guys did pretty good.

1321281095.jpg

Two of the guys went in wet-suits. Farkin' nuts! At least it was a gorgeous day and the water was still warm. I checked once and saw 42*F at the bottom. Never checked a second time, too busy stuffing shells into my catch bag.

1321280852.jpg

Drunken did pretty well for himself.

1321280808.jpg

I found a really cool old bottle, an Otis Clapp and Sons Pharmaceuticals bottle. Otis Clapp started his business in Boston in 1840. He was quite the entrepreneur, eventually was appointed the Federal Collector of the Internal Revenue by Abraham Lincoln. They are still in business in Canton.

1321282611.jpg

1321283279.jpg

And those little white things under the bottle? Those are pearls. Not a ton of them, and they aren't very big but I was keeping an eye out. I told the other guys to watch for them but they had scallop fever and were shucking as fast as they could.

How many pearls did you find yesterday, Cape?

No pearls... ribs on the smoker, pork tenderloin on the smoker... I brewed a smoked porter and a buddy brewed his first beer every and crushed an IPA. We got bellies going for bacon and pancetta and briskets going for pastrami. Then watched the Pats shock the hell outta me and kick the bag outta the Jets.

But... I guess an old bottle is fun too.

Spending my day slapping joint compound on new drywall in my home office. It's been a 6 month project and the end is in sight. Not like within 'reading distance' sight but like within seeing the 'Rocky Mountains from Idaho' sight. I'll be finish painting by New Years!

Havent tasted it. I am assuming it has kind of a beery taste.

I would punch you if I could. :mad: Oh well, another 6 months till we bottle? do you have to monitor gravity? add extra sugar to increase brett activity? whats the plan or should i stop inquiring?

Probably bottle some time in the late spring.

yeah, I would just stop inquiring. Ask the nurse how much inquiring tends to sway me.

Now the nurse... he's the exact opposite. That man will freakin' taste it 40 times a week so that when it IS actually done, there is about half left from what he started from.

We'll try it at the holiday pahty.

And no... why would be want to increase the brett activity?? (since there hopefully isn't any brett IN it.)

Ugh.

My boss just introduced me to someone, I think someone that he's recruiting to join our firm.

First thing he says to me, "Did I see you down at the Ani DiFranco concert?"

... apparently, he recognized, and remembered, me from there. Now it's REALLY for the best that I wasn't as drunk as I would have wished!

You know? I was telling someone in the office, I'd have much rather he recognized me as "that dude who was passed out in the ditch."

The kicker is, he only knew me from seeing the pictures of us on our website. Now, my picture is at least five years old, pre-beard, and I look like I'm about sixteen years old. Somehow, he projected out what I'd look like with facial hair and about forty more pounds.

Oi, I'm a little frightened.

"Oh, here's one..... nope, that's a lesbian."

"Oh, there's a pic... oops, another lesbian."

"Finally, there's a guy with a DiFranco shirt. Hmm, those shoes look really comfortable. ****, it's another lesbian."

the_bird said:
You know? I was telling someone in the office, I'd have much rather he recognized me as "that dude who was passed out in the ditch."

The kicker is, he only knew me from seeing the pictures of us on our website. Now, my picture is at least five years old, pre-beard, and I look like I'm about sixteen years old. Somehow, he projected out what I'd look like with facial hair and about forty more pounds.

Oi, I'm a little frightened.

So you used to be a cute little boy, now you look like Chaz Bono and you find it odd that this dude noticed you amongst 5000 dykes? Does that sum up tge situation? Really?

I got mad skillz.

Listen up, ******. I love my wife and get to have sex with her when she's happy. Conversely I can't stand you and the only thing worse than making snow angles in elephant dung is hanging out with you. It was a pretty easy choice. Just sayin'

I would actually take all of that under advisement if I wasn't 100%, completely, entirely convinced that, instead of coming to the holiday party, you were out artificially enseminating cows or something.

"ok The Nurse, we need some semen, that bull looks a little... Uh.... Anxious... And you're the only medical professional here sooooo... Oh! And here is a test tube! It needs to go RIGHT into the test tube.... Not your mouth and THEN the test tube. Good luck! Here! Here's some vasaline and some hand-warmers. "

Back