Lambics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my first one just the other day but forgot what it was called. Its a nasty beer. The one I had was kind of like drinking a sweet tart with no after taste.

I love Mort Subite, but I've never seen it outside of Belgium :-( Oh well, guess I'll just have to go back to Belgium!

I've only had the pomme and kriek Lindeman's, and I thought they were pretty tasty. Not something I'd drink a lot of in one sitting, though.

Brewtopia had some very good suggestions! I would add Oude Bersel to the list. I have had many others, but they are hard to remember off the top of my head. I would suggest the Belgian Red and Raspberry tart from New Glaurus as well. The are from Wisconsin (pLambics) but they are world class. Sour beers take some getting used to, but they offer a lot to the beer world that no other style does.

One of my favorite beer styles is definately Gueze, an un-blended lambic (no fruit). Cuvee Renee is rather good at a low price from Lindemann's. Most of Lindemann's other stuff is not so hot.

I love Mort Subite, but I've never seen it outside of Belgium :-( Oh well, guess I'll just have to go back to Belgium!

I've only had the pomme and kriek Lindeman's, and I thought they were pretty tasty. Not something I'd drink a lot of in one sitting, though.
My fiancee got me a Lindeman's Framboise and a huge goblet (I call it the "goldfish bowl") to drink it in for my birthday. Can't wait my friends... :D

Must be the luck of the draw. I have not had many but those that I've had were great. However, they are very different from "regular" beers and may not be for everyone.

They should not be sweet(like Lindemans), if it is try some that are not - they really are COMPLETELY different beers. And Gueze is blended lambic, usually 3,2,and 1 year-old batches blended together - but they are not blended with fruit. You can buy unblended Lambic, I believe Cantillon's is the only one that is regularly available here if you can find it.

The only lambic I've ever had was Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic. It was OK, I just couldn't get over the sourness that is typical of the style.

Brewdude - I like Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic, but I don't think it's terribly characteristic of the style. Some Lindeman's might blow you away.

For me, I've never found a Kriek I didn't like.

Back