Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least MSG isn't so dimly lit anymore. It was really awful.

Got some very decent tickets for the Anaheim @ Toronto game on Tuesday. The Ducks have a pretty strong team this year, so it should be a fun game.

Provided they don't **** the bed like they did the first two periods last night in Chicago.

What an embarrassment.

At least MSG isn't so dimly lit anymore. It was really awful.

Got some very decent tickets for the Anaheim @ Toronto game on Tuesday. The Ducks have a pretty strong team this year, so it should be a fun game.

Provided they don't **** the bed like they did the first two periods last night in Chicago.

What an embarrassment.

Toronto has yet to play a good 60 minutes of hockey in a row. Maybe total.

The absence of their tough guys and grinders is starting to take its toll, and I don't believe they're playing the game that Carlyle intends. Once these guys get back, things will improve and they'll play with that dominance and game control that we know they're capable of.

McLaren - back early November? He's practicing with the team, but only as a fill-in when needed.
Clarkson - comes back Friday!
Kulemin - should be back very soon.
Fraser - should be back next week... maybe. You never really know with knee injuries.

Hearing on McLeod today for the boarding on Kronwall.

Meanwhile the Wings keep playing all of these teams from the West! WTH? They better start in on some divisional play soon.

I know most of you wouldn't care, but I skated with some Boston Bruin Hockey players on Monday. Dan Paille, Carl Soderberg and backup goalie Chad Johnson. I coach my sons Mite team and they were really great to take the time for our kids. It was pretty cool. They did some drills with the kids and took pics gave autographs. I have to say the mite hockey player in me was pretty excited. I wanted to race Paille to see how bad I would lose, but there were too many kids.

Just got back from the Leafs game. I think I want Kessel to have my babies.

Did you get your jersey???!!

That first period was painful. Carlyle apparenlty told them "just to relax" in the first intermission, then it was full-on dominance. Hopefully they can carry that solid play from periods 2-3 in to Friday's tilt with Columbus, and then back at home the very next night for Sidney and his boyfriends.

A surprising win last night indeed. Didn't think the Leafs had much of a chance against the 7-wins-in-a-row Ducks, and it wasn't looking good after that first period (2 shots??? WTF). Lost in all this Kessel man-love is the fact that Phaneuf was once again outstanding. Led all players in ice time (again), solid defensively (again), physical (again), and scored a beauty. Whenever he scores, you just know it's a W for Toranna. Gets the team's mojo going for sure. #TRUECAPTAIN

CLARKSON IS ALLOWED TO PLAY ON FRIDAY - HOORAY!

753856-david-clarkson.jpg

Good work by Ottawa beating those mighty Red Wings.
Guess they might not have such an easy road to the playoffs in the East after all...

Good work by Ottawa beating those mighty Red Wings.
Guess they might not have such an easy road to the playoffs in the East after all...

I was going to make a comment about how they are 2nd place in the East until I realized that they have played 3 more games than Boston. But oh well they are doing decently so far this year.

Ugh. They were terrible last night. Sens got a couple of good seeing eye shots through, but overall the Wings did not play them well. Defense was not strong. Skating was terrible. Everything good happened for Ottawa. Just one of those game you forget.

Ugh. They were terrible last night. Sens got a couple of good seeing eye shots through, but overall the Wings did not play them well. Defense was not strong. Skating was terrible. Everything good happened for Ottawa. Just one of those game you forget.

Grybna set the tone with that hit on Anderson followed by a goal.

And it was Glorious!

I will also forget this game, the day after we destroy Detroit in the playoffs and Alfredsson cries and chases Spezza around the ice crying that it was all a mistake and he's really sorry.

And Wow what a shot on Bobby Ryan! Sick snipe.

Guess the East isn't such a cakewalk after all, eh? Woooooo!

StittsvilleJames said:
And it was Glorious! I will also forget this game, the day after we destroy Detroit in the playoffs and Alfredsson cries and chases Spezza around the ice crying that it was all a mistake and he's really sorry. And Wow what a shot on Bobby Ryan! Sick snipe. Guess the East isn't such a cakewalk after all, eh? Woooooo!

I am on my phone so I can't "like" this - but man do I wholeheartedly enjoy this enthusiasm.

Detroit can go to hell, here in the East, we like to fight each other while we score goals.

I am on my phone so I can't "like" this - but man do I wholeheartedly enjoy this enthusiasm.

Detroit can go to hell, here in the East, we like to fight each other while we score goals.

Damn right. Only thing that would have made that game better would be for Neil or Kassian to kick the crap out of Abdelblahblah.

I must admit, I am throwing up in my mouth a little because I'm in total agreement with a Leaf fan. LOL Enemy of my enemy is my friend I guess (until we play the leafs again of course....)

Philly's just fine.

Vinny is replacing Briere at 2 million less, will play 2C, so that couturier isn't forced into that role.

Schenn is moving to wing.

The flyers have 14 forwards, 9 D, and 1 Goalie signed.

One of Coburn, Meszaros, or Grossmann are on their way out. Which all have between 3.5-4.5 cap hits.

We also still will be moving pronged to LTIR which is 5 mil more in cap space.

So yeah, we're just fine.

And thus marks the first time in NHL history where a team being backstopped by Steve Mason - and nobody else - is declared "just fine". An important date in history.

All trash-talk aside: Whos' left on the goalie market? Who would you like to see in a Flyers jersey in October?

Awesome.

1 minute in and Kessel already extends his streak to 6 goals in 4 games. 2nd star of the week, too. What a ****ing boss.

Kessel with another (utterly ridiculous) goal. And an assist.

That's 7 goals in 4 games now. Definitely earning his new contract.

Goofy, IIRC.
Yep, it was me. I didnt think he played well enough at both ends to be paid $8 mill.
Hes off to a good start but the first 40 games arent the problem. For some reason it seems the leafs are always a completely different team in the last half of the season. Top 10 team first half, bottom 10 second half. last season there was no second half, so no chance for the collapse

Yep, it was me. I didnt think he played well enough at both ends to be paid $8 mill.
Hes off to a good start but the first 40 games arent the problem. For some reason it seems the leafs are always a completely different team in the last half of the season. Top 10 team first half, bottom 10 second half. last season there was no second half, so no chance for the collapse

This is so wrong, and I'm getting sick of hearing it. Just because something is repeated by people who are too lazy to check information doesn't make it true.

First of all: When Toronto was good (yes you're gonna have to think WAY back to the early 2000's) they would start out pretty ****ty. Like .500-ish. Then, around Dec-Jan-Feb they'd turn on the jets and dominate.
Then after the lockout, when Toronto was ****ty, which is what most of you probably recall the easiest, they'd actually start out okay. Then something would happen around December and the bottom would fall out. End of the season? Back to strinign together W's when it no longer mattered.
But yes, there was that ONE season 2 years ago where they were awesome until losing a million games in February and March.

Second of all: This is actually a MUCH different team than even 2 years ago, when the Leafs 2nd-most-famous collapse happened.
GONE:
Grabovski
MacArthur
Connolly
Crabb
Schenn
Lombardi
Frattin
Steckel
Komisarek
Brown
Armstrong
Gustavsson
Scrivens
...and most importantly: Ron Wilson

ADDED:
JVR
Bolland
Raymond
Reilly
Ranger
Fraser
McLaren
Bernier
McClement
Clarkson
...and Randy Carlyle, plus the youngsters who've been filling in from the minors this season.

That's some serious upgrades over some pretty significant crap that's been shipped out. More importantly, they've also been able to keep the players they want to keep. Believe it or not MLSE has had a plan for the past 6 years and for once, they seem to know what they're doing.

Third of all:
Phil Kessel is the ****ing man. For the past 5 years we've seen him grow as a player, and now he truly does look like a leader on this team. Since Carlyle arrived, his urgency to backcheck was flicked on like a switch. Something tells me Ron Wilson's pond hockey system didn't give two ****s about Kessel playing at "both ends of the ice". Bottom line is he's there to score goals anyway, and that's what he does. SOmething happened to him in that playoff series against Boston, and it was good.

Lastly:
Edmonton is ****ing garbage. A stinking, steaming pile of crap. These so-called incredible group of forwards are perimeter players. At least Yakupov has enough balls to try to get the puck close to the net, but the rest of them look like a bunch of frightened little girls. You can have all the talent in the world, but when you become a giant ***** like RNH playing against grown men, you're ****ed. Could Taylor Hall have changed things? Perhaps, at least he plays the goddamn game, but he's injured all the time so **** him.
That team has bigger problems than D and goaltending. It's a mess. Changing coaches every few months has NOT done anything to develop these #1 picks, and it might be too late to hope anything good happens there for a looooong time. Eberle used to play like a boss - now he's barely there.

Rebuild the rebuild.

2. Wins always matter

I disagree. Wins don't matter so much to a team that's looking at a long rebuild, like Buffalo is right now. In fact, losing gets them better picks, sort of like Edmonton did for 3 years.

What's that? They're still losing? How many #1 picks do they NEED? I guess it sucks for them they weren't 5 years earlier.

1.Mlse oversees ALL the teams. Each team does hsve a seperate front office, but it was mlse( the same group with the plan overseeing the Leafs) that hired Drake. Of course is easy to overlook that since it made you the butt of jokes in multiple sports leagues all over North America
2. any coach who tells his team that this win does not matter so they do not have to do their best should be fired on the spot. that creates all kinds of bad habits that can lead to losses when they "do matter". It should also be a matter of pride among the players

Goofynewfie said:
1.Mlse oversees ALL the teams. Each team does hsve a seperate front office, but it was mlse( the same group with the plan overseeing the Leafs) that hired Drake. Of course is easy to overlook that since it made you the butt of jokes in multiple sports leagues all over North America 2. any coach who tells his team that this win does not matter so they do not have to do their best should be fired on the spot. that creates all kinds of bad habits that can lead to losses when they "do matter". It should also be a matter of pride among the players

What the hell does basketball have to do with anything? Who cares what the raptors are doing? Seriously - basketball. The worst sport in all of mankind.

Unless you can show me that Nonis hired some ****ty rapper to promote the raptors and how that relates to the hockey team, you're rambling again.

You know what creates bad habits and leads to losses when they matter? Playing on Edmonton.

Bruins/ Penguins. What a game, I hope this will be...But I'll be watching another game more. Jeez, I wish this game was on another night. GO BRUINS!!!!GO SOX!!!!

Terrible game by Toronto, but how can they lose when Calgary's POWERPLAY goes -2 for the night?

Back