Strange find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure it is beer? Unless I missed the post where you describe the taste I can't see how someone who is so passionate about beer brewing would make 100 gallons and then just let them rot in situ. That is a huge investment in time. And back then aging beer was not very common at all.

I just find it more likely that this was his wine storage area and that any of the beer he made was consumed long ago. It is easy to believe that someone could lay up a bunch of wine and have his circumstances change while it was aging to the point where he would just leave it.

This thread is now reminding me of (MOD EDIT) FIGHT CLUB.

Come on OP. TAKE IT ALL OFF!!!

Anyway, my vote is cast that this is still actually wine. (It is the optimist in me thinking that that could be some amazing one of a kind wine discovery versus beer which almost certainly would be bad, even for vinegar.)

I don't see any creepy at all. There is no evidence that any of this was made with dead hookers and unless I missed something earlier in the thread this closet was not guarded by flying monkeys.

At any rate, if it is beer, wine Kool-Ade or anything humanly consumable and not bodily fluids, this is an interesting find. And I'd apply Revvy's don't toss it until you taste it approach to this. Unless it is bodily fluids, then get someone else to do the tasing.

This is real strange that someone would take the time to start this in 1969 and then continue to make new batches without bottling up the first ones. I would like to know what happened in 1973. Why did he/they stop. How many more carboys of wine would have been started.

well, my interest is peaked, i'm subscribed...

and if it ends up being any good at all, i'd pay shipping for a bottle or 2 if the OP would be interested in being assisted in getting the carboys emptied out.

This is AWESOME! I subscribe. I really hope its wine. also being local if it is wine and you need any help getting rid of it or would like to sell some of it i would be interested.

I really hope you can get the story behind this mystery. Hopefully it will be a funny tale and not a sad tale like someones family member dying and it being too painful to deal with it.

I have to admit I am dying of curiosity.

Doh! I just found this thread today and I thought surely by the time I read through all 9 pages I would read the conclusion of the story... but alas no luck...

/suscribed

Cool.

Hell, even if it's beer I'd give it a go. There was a write-up in one of the homebrewing magazines a few years back about sampling a 140 year old beer. Granted it was bottled, but still.....

if it is wine i have a sister who is a wine broker and would pay a very pretty penny for this especially if the back story is complete and verifiable. There are allot a rich folk that would pay up the wazoo for a bottle of something like this with it's unique story.

Anybody know how Acid was made back in the late 60's and early 70's? Obviously we don't want details posted on this forum, but could that be a really old batch of Acid?

Anybody know how Acid was made back in the late 60's and early 70's? Obviously we don't want details posted on this forum, but could that be a really old batch of Acid?

Considering Acid is chemically synthesized not fermented and you only need micro liters of Acid to trip, I would highly doubt that is in those containers. Even by 1960's standards that would be a LOT of Acid.

Man, talk about a party. If my conversion is correct then that would be about 1.9 billion hits of 200 microgram doses. That would put the Pickard and Apperson operation to shame. We can wish, though.

Chester! Chester!
In case it was acid...Cough and Cough hard!
It is the same as chest compressions, get yourself to the emergency room.
Then post and let us know!

subscribe

Back