LHBS in massachusetts/seacoast NH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateKerx

Reaction score
I know a lot of my fellow new englanders are here, im hoping someone can guide me to a decent LHBS along my route from brooklyn up to the portsmouth NH area. I usually take 84 to the pike, then 495 to 95. Possible snag is that im driving up on sunday, so I might have to wait til the ride back. Something around seascoast NH is best, but i'll take what I can get, Thanks!

Right off 95 in Woburn, MA

http://www.beer-wine.com Warehouse Store
155 New Boston Street - Unit T
Woburn, Massachusetts 01801
Toll Free Order Line - (800) 523-5423

Store Hours
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 9am to 6pm
Thursday 9am to 7pm
Friday and Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 12pm to 5pm

Closed major holidays.
Summer Hours - We close on Sunday during May, June, July and August

Stout Billies is where I go for grain and such, but I don't think I can recommend it. Shopping there is a trial of patience and temper.

I have been to Beer and Wine in Woburn and can heartily recommend it. Haven't been to Strangebrew yet, but have only heard good things.

Melana said:
Strange Brew in Marlboro is on your way... exit 24 or something off of 495.
http://www.home-brew.com/index.html?token=571204023-1640295421-740985226&A=115&B=ABOUT US
They are open on Sunday!

I've been there! They actually supplied me with my first kit. Well stocked store, from what I could see everything looked really fresh, I think they do a good deal of online orders.

I am not from Mass but I 'visited' there for 5 months, Waltham. Well, there during the week and in NH for the weekends, interesting but long story.

got my kit at beer-wine.. they have a good selection and the people i talked to knew there stuff... I recommend it!!

SpamDog

I also recommend Strange Brew in Marlboro. Brian is a great guy. The have a pretty solid selection in the store, but he's happy to order things and call you when they arrive. The also sell online.

From time to time they have various events there. There's usually someone with an all grain setup brewing, and they grill and share homebrew.

Vermicous said:
Stout Billies is where I go for grain and such, but I don't think I can recommend it. Shopping there is a trial of patience and temper.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that felt that way... a bit dirty too.

As for GOOD stores in the area, I have to recommend Beery & Wine in Woburn (it's the exit directly before Rt 93, (Washington St, Exit 36) as the easiest to get to, it's also a fairly good shop.

If you don't mind an hour detour, I use Jasper's in Nashua NH (www.boomchugalug.com). IMO, it's the best one around for 99% of your brewing needs, and has the best staff (one guy) that I've found so far.

back in brooklyn far richer in homebrew supplies. thanks everybody for the feedback and suggestions. I ended up at stange brew, and for someone who has done all of their previous homebrew shopping online, it was heaven. Also, I was in the kitchen company in newington and I just happened upon a display of 5 gallon glass carboys for 15 bucks, I know its not the best deal in the world but again, when your in the new york area with no car, just being able to pick your supplies out in person is magic!

Latest posts

Back