Tower dimensions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
So I've decided to build my own tower to match the bar its going on. I have two taps right now and I'll eventually get up to six. The frame will be steel to support the stress of pulling on taps and it will be wrapped in wood to match the bar.

I need to pre-drill the steel for six taps but drill the outside wood for only two right now. I need to know how far apart is optimal for spacing the taps and how high they should be. Please post comments and advice based on your own experiences.

I know Brewpastor built a nice little unit so I'm hoping he'll pipe up and share his knowledge...

Bump....

Just to help out Fingers, because I don't know the answer to his question.

I'd imagine that a spacing of 3 inches would be about, and a height of at least 12", but if you have any wheat/pilsner glasses you might want them a bit higher.

olllllo said:
I just eyeballed it. You can place them surprisingly close together, but why would you? You might consider growler height.

That's a very good point, olllllo. I hadn't thought about accomodating vessels larger than a Pilsner glass. I'm not as worried about how close together they are because you wouldn't normally pour two at once so I can just eyeball that one for esthetics. I guess I have my answer. Thanks, guys.

Back