Swing top bottles - $2.50 ea & free shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCWortHog

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I lurk here a lot (hang out mostly in the mead & cider forums) and have been debating whether or not to post this (because I don't post much and didn't want to sound like I'm selling something)... I've been looking for flip-top bottles for my meads and can't justify buying enough Redstone to bottle my 5-gallon batches (love that cobalt glass though). :D With a bunch of googling, found out mrbeer.com does free shipping on ANY orders over $99, including glass.

At $30/case for 12 16oz flippy-top bottles (and buying enough stuff to get your order over $99), that's $2.50 per bottle. Brown wasn't my top color pick (clear would have been nice!) but I'm not that picky. Anyway, just thought I would mention it. Oh, and I think I got my bottles about 4 days after ordering them. I ordered them on a Saturday and got them the following wednesday I think...

http://www.mrbeer.com/product-exec/product_id/46/nm/16_oz_Glass_Swing_Top_Bottles_Qty_12_1

They're really nice bottles. I was a little curious to see them in person to see if they were shoddy construction or molding, but they seem just fine. Sorry if this sounds like a commercial. I just wanted to pass it on since finding free shipping on glass is a rarity. Guess they make up for it by overcharging people on everything else? ;)

I really dig those blue flip-tops from Redstone too, but I wonder if they are UV resistant. I haven't been able to find any 750ml either, just 500ml and 1L.

Back