How many Bottles do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many Bottles do you have?

• Over 250

• Over 500

• Over 1000

• I only Keg

Results are only viewable after voting.

av8er79

Reaction score
First off, I do not currently keg but may try it in the future. So please no "bottling sucks just keg" posts. I am continuously collecting bottles from friends and through my own consumption. I am up to about 200 bottles. I was just curious how many bottles do you hardcore bottlers have?

Currently I have 22 cases of 12oz bottles, 2 cases of 16oz and 15+ 22oz ones. I have been trying to get in the habbit of bottleing a 22oz bottle from every batch and putting them away to have later on. Bottleing for me has become a family thing, while I'm mixing up priming sugar and racking my kids are sanitizing and hanging them on the tree and while I'm filling they are capping. I bottled 2 batches last week in 1.5hrs.

I recently found out how many bottle I had accumulated last week when I thought I was going to be bottling my nut brown ale. It came to 146 12 ounce bottles and 6 bombers. I rinse them after I empty, but I needed to remove the labels. I will not be letting them build up like that again. Lesson learned.

12-8A2F8FBE-822414-960.jpg

215 12oz
50 22oz

with some random grolsch bottles in there too. I actually primarily keg, and depending on my social calendar I'll actually go from keg>bottle for whole batches fairly often.

Bottling really isn't the end of the world, kegging does take 1/54th of the time, though.

I have ~50 bottles, primarily 750mL bottles and a few swing tops.

I mostly keg, but if I brew something that can benefit from aging (sours, barleywines, RIS etc) I bottle at least part of the batch... The whole batch for sours.

Your poll is too limited! I thought I had a lot with just under 200 bottles but I don't even make the list, booo ;)

I only have maybe 70 filled right now the rest are in kegs.

I've got about 21 cases of lable free bottles and another 4 or 5 cases of bottles I haven't taken the labels off of yet.

10 Cases 12oz
8 Cases Grolsch Bottles
6 Cases 8oz Coke Cola Bottles (Barley Wines)
12 1 liter Swing Tops
6 Kegs and 6 more on their way.

Just need to start collecting bombers!
And depending on the beer I may bottle or keg it.
I usually only keg beers that are my house beers.
Bottles are used to allow me to sample the beer as it ages at cellar temps.

What a great hobby! :rockin:

I've got 12 cases of 12oz, 24 x22oz, a dozen swing tops, and close to 500 wine bottles. However my keg system is nearly complete, I don't plan to bottle unless I.have to.

Way too many to know. But over 1,000 for sure.

I would guess that I do to.. so many in fact I have just started tossin em in the trash when I empty em since I started kegging. I will keep a couple hundred for bottling from the keg or for a few big beers I want to bottle rather than keg.

Of beer, maybe 60 bottles of commercial stuff I like + 5 Corny's of stuff on tap or up next, plus 10 gals in primary and 5 more on deck for Saturday. Plus 800 bottles (give or take) of wine and 10 or 12 bottles of Bourbon in various stages of depletion.

Seems all my hobbies are the result of good hard working yeast.

Brobeman

I work on a military installation and they promote recycling very well. I have collected many bottles from the recycling center. I treasure the occasional .5 liter German beer bottle, which I have collected over 120 of over the years. Of course the standard 12 oz are easily found and I have collected over 500 of them. Yes... way more than I need, but I occasionally donate a couple cases to friends that I introduce to home brewing!

I have my 50 I put my brew into, plus at least another 40. And probably 20 more that need to be de-labeled.

110? Plus another 2 dozen full ones to empty. . . :tank:

not nearly enough, I'm only on batch 4 and gave so many away in a short sighted attempt to win friends over to homebrewing (1 converted so far)

About 80 or so Grolsch swingtops and a bunch of cornys. I usually bottle stuff that I'd be more apt to share or bring to parties.

the poll is too narrow!

I have about 150 12oz bottles. I'm trying to find 22oz and growlers but don't know where to get them for free. Any tips?

Hehehehe. I think I have 200 bottles *just in my recycling bin* that I need to delabel.

I keg 100% of my beer. But I do occasionally StarSan a 6pk of bottles, freeze 'em, and BMBF some beer into them. So, I still save my empties anyways.

A couple years when I was cleaning out my cellar, I think I gave away to local club members around 300 bottles that were all clean, in cases, and bagged to keep the dust out, yet I continually generate more of them.

I've got about 300 long-neck 12s, and 75 stubby 12s, around 50+ 750mls, 10-12 375mls, 25+ Belgians, nearly 60 fliptops, and a whole bunch of other random bottles (24s, 16s, a 7oz, etc...)

the poll is too narrow!

I have about 150 12oz bottles. I'm trying to find 22oz and growlers but don't know where to get them for free. Any tips?

As far as 22oz bottles you can make friends with the people at the local beverage center and ask them to set aside some as people return them. Ideally they can sell them back to you by just charging you the $.05 or $.10 deposit that it cost them to accept them as a return. If they're nice enough to do that for you than show your thanks by buying some stuff while you're there.. that way you end up with beer (and a few more bottles for homebrew) and they end up making a $10 or $20 sale for their effort to sort the 22's out for you. Win/Win.

I've accumulated a mixture of 12 and 22 oz bottles, but since my wife gave me a keg kit, I've stopped saving bottles. I still use them, but I don't need nearly as many as I used to.

I've a corner of the garage full of 12oz and bombers but I keg. Bottles are only for beer swaps and giving away. I don't see them again.

I primarily keg, but do have a couple of cases of 16oz swing tops and a bunch of growlers.

Back