Stupid Move of the Day Award...ME!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
I was planning on doing 3 test batches of of mead today,,,one grape, one orange and one metheglin with tea bags and such..So I go and buy the honey, the juices. a few new airlocks. acid blend, some yeast nutrient, some more beer bottles...24 for $10, and I grab the dry yeast packets that I was going to use.

So I get home. Heat water, mix honey and juice for the grape mead, weigh out my acid blend. So I take it off the heat and let it cool to pitching temp.

Now comes the stupid move of the day...I have no yeast...wheres my yeast. what the hell did I do with the yeast!!...so I look at my reciept from the store and I never bought the yeast. I call the store and sure enough I left it on the counter down the way from the checkout...I AM A MORON...so now I have a batch of cooled must, ready to pitch yeast and no yeast...I cant drive out to the store again today its 45min away...

WILL IT BE OK IF I PITCH TOMORROW

It will be OK!

(AND SOME GUY THAT PUT 19 GALLONS OF BEER TO FERMENT ON THIS FLIMSY METAL SHELF 5 FEET UP IN THE AIR HAS YOU BEAT;))

Back