Arogant Bastard BBQ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAREEBROWNBEEST

Reaction score
image-1471591341.jpg

Got this as a gift for helping a friend do his brakes on his car. Pretty good trade I say, oh and two bottles of some Chimay red and blue label. So I've never tried this BBQ sauce but at least the bottle is cool. First thing I thought of was making some small batches of cider in it.

I just bought a bottle of that at Costco yesterday. Can't wait to try it. It was only $4.95... too good a price to pass up on.

Bah...premade sauce is bollocks. Tomatoes are in season now...just puree some tomatoes and fresh ancho peppers...a little molasses and brown sugar...a dash of vinegar and garlic good to go.

If it's 5.00$ for that quantity at costco that is a pretty darn good deal.

Just remember to smoke your ribs indirect heat...Let the smoke do the work on tenderizing that swine and you will be rewarded. 3 hours is enough time...pear wood or pecan wood is good. In CA I like to use Manzanita. Have fun.

Another trick...don't salt your meat. Salt draws out moisture. Chances are there is already enough sodium in the premade sauces to do the work. One last tip...don't be a wuss smoke 5LBS at a time or more.

I use a dry rub on mine with little salt. I've got high blood pressure,so salt is the enemy. I even use an ale mop sauce istead of dry rub sometimes. I've even smoked'em for 4-5 hours. Maple wood is even better when I can get it.

Latest posts

Back